Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity stream channels -- STILL exists with distorted audio.

I am not experiencing the sync issue, that appears to be resolved from back in August. My issue is the volume fluctuations, which I have a separate post on here about.   Xfinity indicates it is a Roku issue, however Roku has stated to me that it is not an issue with the OS. I am still waiting on confirmation from Roku if they are now taking responsibility and working on a fix. 

Here is my post:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Xfinity-Stream-App-volume-fluctuations-low-to-...

0 Kudos
vadeltachi
Streaming Star

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity stream channels -- STILL exists with distorted audio.

@RokuJohnB   Once again, please stop with the platitudes and scripted responses. They are neither helpful nor professional.

This is at least the third time you've posed the same question: it has been asked and answered. Numerous times.  

As you and your colleagues have indicated, you have been "investigating" for 15 + months. The time to investigate and for patience is (long) expired. 

Please do your job and review the thread and the similar one that was closed without resolving the problem, for your answer -- as provided by me and others. 

Further, I asked to have a refund on your defective product -- a question that has been asked now twice and not answered. Please direct me to whomever can answer this question. 

0 Kudos
vadeltachi
Streaming Star

@dansgen1alero  The audio sync was mostly repaired; however it still appears from time to time and appeared last night on my service.  The persistent issue that HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED are the volume fluxuations and distortions -- they are directly related to commercial (advertising) injections and are not processed correctly.

We will subscribe to your thread.

All of these problems commenced when Comcast removed the years-long "beta" tag on its stream app, It worked well as a beta, but has not worked since that time. I have a long string of emails from comcast engineers -- all of whom experience the exact same issues with the roku stream app.  Supposedly the two companies are working together on it, but it is a very low priority for roku and we end up with the platitudinous, useless, patronizing responses every few months. 

Comcast insists that it's a roku firmware problem, which roku insists it has updated many times. Nothing has fully resolved the sync issue or the persistent volume issues. 

dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

@vadeltachi right. I have been going back and forth. At this point Roku is sticking to their guns it is not their issue, so I keep going back to comcast and getting credits. I have received about $25 a month since this started last Nov. They have been getting more stubborn about giving me the credit so I just call and then explain the situation and they give me the credit. I got $60 last month to cover October and November. I feel that is the only way they will do anything when they lose more money over it. That is our leverage. 

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

I removed the Xfinity cable TV option and only use Comcast 1 GB internet now.  I use YouTube TV on a special promotion and love not having the volume distortion issue anymore. 

Funny thing is Comcast never offered me credits for this issue or the various outages that occurred for the Stream app (ie. 1st half of NFL week 1).  

Good luck getting Roku/Comcast to resolve this.  I would advise trying a local news station consumer investigative option (like NBC on your side in local Chicago market).  

JimmyO

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.