Independent Developer Kit

Learn how to innovate on the Roku platform with the Independent Developer Kit. Reimagine your TV with Roku app development! Join the community for help.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex719
Reel Rookie

Screenshot displays screenshot ok but there is no image

Jump to solution

I am trying to take a screenshot for my channel which I have created with InstantTvChannel.com SDK mode). I have successfully uploaded and published my channel.

I would now like to update the screenshots in my app.

I go into developer mode on my Roku Box, connect to the box from my computer through the correct ip address. Once there I click Utilities then Screenshot. See attached screenshot.

It Displays Screenshot ok but there is no image. What am i doing wrong?

Screenshot from 2021-11-10 13-59-28.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
necrotek
Roku Guru

Re: Screenshot displays screenshot ok but there is no image

Jump to solution

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/getting-started/developer-setup.md

Screenshot Utility

The screenshot utility enables developers to capture images of sideloaded channels. These images can be uploaded with a channel submission to showcase in the Channel Store after publication.

To take a screenshot:

• sideload a channel
  • Navigate to the screen that needs to be captured
  • Click on the screenshot button

Screenshots will only work for sideloaded channels and static content, so screenshots of video will not work. FHD (1920x1080) screenshots also require a 4K-capable Roku set to 1080p or 4K UHD display type.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
necrotek
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Screenshots can only be captured from a channel that is sideloaded.

0 Kudos
devnullpointer
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've also noticed that on my Sharp 4K, channels running FHD, screenshots says ok but is empty like you but on my TCL which is 720p (HD) screenshot works and displays in the browser but video stream frame is not captured, so I'm guessing anything higher than HD resolution will be empty.

0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/getting-started/developer-setup.md

Screenshot Utility

The screenshot utility enables developers to capture images of sideloaded channels. These images can be uploaded with a channel submission to showcase in the Channel Store after publication.

To take a screenshot:

• sideload a channel
  • Navigate to the screen that needs to be captured
  • Click on the screenshot button

Screenshots will only work for sideloaded channels and static content, so screenshots of video will not work. FHD (1920x1080) screenshots also require a 4K-capable Roku set to 1080p or 4K UHD display type.

0 Kudos