Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remy1944

standard tv channel selection

I have my own satellite antenna. I purchase 4 Roku Express, one for each location.

My problem is my inability to select the conventional TV channels. The list provided is "foreign" to me! if I type "CNN" it shows me 2 icons, none related with live  CNN tv.

I did follow the instruction on Roku, I repeat, the problem is with not seeing the conventional TV channels.

Where am I going wrong?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: standard tv channel selection

There is a CNN app in the Roku channel store:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/d5ad40d414a59b3641556ec7804f5bf7/cnn

It does say “CABLE OR SATELLITE SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED” but since you mention a satellite antenna, you should be OK on that requirement.  (I assume you mean Dish Network or DirecTV and have a subscription that includes CNN.)

A Roku Express is a streaming device, so it doesn’t really have true “conventional TV channels”, in the sense of TV coming from an antenna.  But I guess it all depends on your definition of “conventional”.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: standard tv channel selection

How do you access these channels WITHOUT the Roku?  

You must have some other device that receives the satellite signals and decodes them and sends them on to your TV.  Use the controls for that device while viewing the TV input to which that device is connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.