Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave28
Channel Surfer

hide streaming channels option not working on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Out of the blue My TCL Live channel guide is showing all antenna channels plus 100s streaming channels.  Hide streaming option is checked and not working.  Rescanned Antenna channels only and I still get 100s of unwanted streaming channels on my Live TV Guide.  Restarted TV rescanned to no avail.  Please tell me how to hide streaming channels without going through each channel and hiding it manually.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: hide streaming channels option not working on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

The issue has been resolved and thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions. These are all noted and if you need anything else, please let us know.

Happy Streaming!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
TeedOff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the same problem that has happened in just the past hour or so..

Dear Roku, please stop f**king with sh!t.    It's obnoxious... having ONLY over-the-air channels in one spot is CONVENIENT... forcing your streaming channels into the messing is IRRITATING.. especially after we already went thru the debacle of you removing the channel numbers 

catman7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It just happened to me too.  For the last 5 years I've had just antenna channels. About 30 minutes ago over 1000 channels popped up that I don't want.  Repeat I don't want them.  I found the option to hide streaming channels, checked it but it's not working.  What's happening?  Why can't they leave well enough alone?  I'm seriously thinking of throwing this good tv in the trash.  Thanks Roku.  You may lose my business for life.  Any help?

catman7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update:  It actually gave me 4300 channels(and a lot in Spanish).  When I clicked the 'Hide Streaming Channels' I think that cut it down to 1100.  I went so far as deleting the Roku channel App and that did nothing.  Why did they give me this when I didn't ask for it? I'd love to dump this tv on their front porch.  I'm so mad at those b*stards! 

I did notice that an antenna scan says it does include streaming channels.  Is there a way to scan just the antenna?

flya150
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. Just started today. I went to manage channels and clicked the OK button for each channel on my remote to hide them. It took me 20 min or so. I hope something doesn't turn them back on.

0 Kudos
catman7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

In my case the 4300 channels came back.  To hide them one by one might take a week.  What a disaster.  Thank you Roku.

TXLarry

Jump to solution

Same here. The 'Hide streaming channels' option stopped working last night on all three of my Roku TVs. I tried deleting the Roku channel, but that didn't help. The streaming channels were still displayed along with the antenna TV channels. Finally, I manually blocked each streaming channel on one of my TVs, but that took most of the evening and a whole lot of unnecessary wear and tear on the remote. That worked, but after blocking all the streaming channels, the Roku channel no longer works. What a mess! Come on Roku... either restore functionality to the 'Hide streaming channels' option or make it easier to block all of them.

TeedOff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just so there's no confusion to delay your engineers re-activating the feature we miss:  see photos

HideStreaming.pngHideStreaming2.png

catman7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I hope Roku realizes what they've done.  If everyone that this has happened to responds, maybe they'll be on the verge of bankruptcy and get off their dead asses and do something.  Let's hope.

mary451
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am on a fixed income and get a limited number of streaming hours. I accidentally watched several hours of streaming tv yesterday. Ouch!!! Please fix the "hide features" option. I had to go through "manage channels" and manually click on hundreds of streaming channels to remove them. Does anyone want to swap an updated Roku tv for anything else? Why would you anger the people who support Roku by buying a Roku enabled tv ( i have Hisense)?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.