Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techiegirl
Channel Surfer

Re: connecting IPAD or android to roku correct IP address can't find device

there must be something wrong with the ipad...the air play has a screen with a wireless icon on the bottom left  then icons videos, icloud, record video, youtube etc etc

0 Kudos
techiegirl
Channel Surfer

no roku icon. I did d/l the app roku and it won't connect to the roku on the tv

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@techiegirl 

Are you looking to cast or to mirror? Those are different things.

Mirroring would be seeing your iPad "desktop" on the TV. Any apps you loaded and ran would show up on the TV. Essentially, you're using the TV as a second mirrored screen for the iPad.

Casting is using an app to launch another app on a device and control the streaming device (Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, etc) from the mobile (phone, tablet).

Some people use the terms interchangeably, but they should not. Mirror and Cast mean different things.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

techiegirl
Channel Surfer

right I didn't  d/l airplay it is in the swipe down to right as you said, but clicking on it takes me somewhere else.

0 Kudos
techiegirl
Channel Surfer

no not ipad to tv, but roku from tv to ipad.   I initally installed roku app on ipad and put in the ip address that roku shows me on the system network on roku,  to the ipad roku app but it still couldn't find any devices.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@techiegirl 

So you see these things?

ipad-airplay2.png.jpg

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@techiegirl wrote:

no not ipad to tv, but roku from tv to ipad.   ...

No. That's not possible. It's the other way around. Device to Roku. It's one way.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
techiegirl
Channel Surfer

thanks for your help but I'm gonna forget it.  I accepted the chromecast tv that the air play said and it says Make sure your chromecast is turned on and connected to the same wifi as this iphone/ipad...My tv roku is NOT WIRELESS...it's ethernet that is the problem.

0 Kudos
techiegirl
Channel Surfer

no give me a sec and I'll take a pic w/my cell phone and post  that pics is when I swipe down to the right as you stated

0 Kudos
techiegirl
Channel Surfer

ipad pic.jpg

0 Kudos