Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaio165
Binge Watcher

How to set Streambar to start at the home screen

I have my Streambar on input 3 on my TV and Cable on input 1 on my TV. When I am watching Cable and want to stream something. My remote will change to the Streambar input. The screen on the Streambar is not the home screen but it is Apple TV channel overview. How do I fix this? So it starts at the home screen and not the channel overview?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to set Streambar to start at the home screen

@Vaio165 

How are you switching inputs? Pressing a button on the Roku remote? Are you using the OK button to activate Roku? The Play button? If something other than the HOME button, try the Home button.

You see, the Roku is on. It doesn't shut down. It's always on. You have a Streambar, so you're using it as a sound bar, right? Well, it's on. And the Roku part of the Streambar is probably on a screen saver, possibly the City Stroll Skyline or the Move Magic one, or another one that has ads. And if you hit the OK or Play or other button that activates the ad on the Roku screen (which you don't see because you're on a different input on the TV). The HOME button doesn't activate ads. Use that.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Vaio165
Binge Watcher

I am switching inputs with my Logitech Harmony. There is a button that says Watch Roku when pressed it just changes input on my TV to the Streambar. I don't use the Roku remote just for voice. Yes I am using the Streambar as a sound bar with my cable. I turned off the screen saver I had other Roku systems in the past and when I switched inputs they all stated on the home screen so I imagined the Streambar would to.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

As a debugging test, can you try switching inputs with the TV remote?  If so, what do you see after doing it that way?

0 Kudos
Vaio165
Binge Watcher

I think I fixed it. What I have found out is if I press the power button in the Roku Remote App my TV all everything turns off. If I press the power button on the Roku remote nothing happens. So I don't know what's going on if my TV supports or dose not support some things.

0 Kudos