Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sherid441
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube app audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

Same!! I have done EVERYTHING too and still no fix. It’s only with YouTube and YouTube TV, all other apps like Pureflix and Freeve work just fine. 

0 Kudos
LindsayDD
Reel Rookie

I'm so glad it's not me. I also went through all the same steps to try and fix it & nothing worked. It's perfect with TV audio or headphones plugged in. It's so frustrating since I watch a lot of YouTube at night when I need private listening!

ChunkyFluff
Channel Surfer

Same here! 

0 Kudos
JeffSteel
Reel Rookie

Have been having the same issue since Friday night, thought my headset was going kaput until all of my headsets had the same issue, but only with the YouTube channel, and only via Roku private listening. If I run the video directly off my phone via the YouTube phone app audio is fine. Funnily, if I cast the video from the YouTube app on my phone onto my TV, the issue returns until I stop casting. 

Tpp1971
Channel Surfer

I’m having same exact issue. Audio glitches on YouTube only. 

Tpp1971
Channel Surfer

I seem to have found a fix. Tonight at least. Click on wheel cog on top right of Roku app. I’m on an iPhone. Then click on adjust audio delay. Then advance adjustments. Then turn your delay down. I dropped mine to adjustment's 100ms. 

This seems to have fixed things…for tonight at least. 

ChunkyFluff
Channel Surfer

YES!!! So far this is working for me too!  Thank you! 

Eriktavius
Reel Rookie

It looks like this just started happening this month. For me, it just started happening about 2 days ago. From the time of my setting this Post, there wasn't update.  On my Samsung phone, I'm thinking maybe that update had something to do with why all of the sudden? I'm having an issue with the audio from YouTube.

0 Kudos
Eriktavius
Reel Rookie

In my last Post, it should say that there (WAS) an update on my phone. It was either from Samsung or from Android. It would seem that after the update that's when all of this, craziness started happening with the audio from YouTube.

0 Kudos
ChunkyFluff
Channel Surfer

Now setting the audio adjust is NOT working! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.