Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Satcruiser
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube app audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

Same problem here.  I have a Roku TV and use private listening mode while excercising on a treadmill.

Just like others have mentioned, it started a few days ago and is only youtube. Tried everything but nothing helps.  Now I use the TV speakers but they are terrible. 

Roku can you please investigate.....

Thyan

Same problem here, as well as many other people reporting it on X. I contacted Roku “support” and they said that the app is managed by YouTube so I have to contact YouTube support, and of course nobody answers.

Piddlesticks
Reel Rookie

Same problems here.  Makes sense that it is the YouTube app.  Give them some time if they recognize there is a problem they will probably fix it.

ChunkyFluff
Channel Surfer

I’m having this issue too. I’ve tried everything to fix it on my end. 

ChunkyFluff
Channel Surfer

I’m having this same issue on YouTube TV while playing recorded videos but not as severe as regular YouTube. If I rewind it’s a little better. 

Same here on only one of my Rokus. Super freaking aggravating. Only does it with Bluetooth headphones on YouTube. 

SLrobertB
Reel Rookie

I have same issue.   I have tried multiple Roku TVs, fiddled with the Wi-Fi, tried different Bluetooth devices, deleted and re-downloaded the app.   Pulling my hair out as this is a key feature for Roku and I need it to work.  This is currently unusable for me.  Huge problem.  

ChunkyFluff
Channel Surfer

Yes, I’ve done that too! It’s got to be an issue with YouTube. 

0 Kudos
stripelesstiger
Channel Surfer

Can confirm.

100% Youtube app.

Did everything you did and more.

Every other apps works fine. Nothing fixes it. Resetting router/modem, resyncing TV with Roku app, redownloading roku app, restarting/resetting tv, messing with Roku settings, using different bluetooth device, using different mobile device.... all did nothing.

It is consistently JUST the Youtube app.

0 Kudos
Ciara2009

YOUTUBE FIX THE **bleep**ING APP **bleep**