Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThisishT
Streaming Star

Why does Roku continue to modify my Home Screen

Roku continues to modify the Menu items options. They decide what Menu items are to be included and associated with the "Settings > Home Screen > Menu items Show/Hide" list choice of options.  First it was "The Spiderwick Chronicals then it was ALL THINGS FOOD and now it is Streaming Day Deals". It is very obvious to me that Roku can modify the Roku system when and/or if they choose to do so. Roku made the decision to briefly include and then suddenly removed the now "defunct" 3X3 or 4X4 app tile grid size choice of option from device. Are these Roku system modifications AD Revenue related?

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why does Roku continue to modify my Home Screen

You don't expect anyone from Roku to answer that, do you?  🙂  But of course they're ad revenue related!  It appears to be all they're interested in anymore.  It's a way to try to drive users to content they make money off of.

As far as the 3 vs. 4, only a very low percentage of guinea pigs... I mean users... ever saw that option.  My gut feeling is that it may return for everyone (especially if they can add more ads), but don't ever expect Roku to do anything quickly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.