Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edv
Channel Surfer

Re: Voice Commands through enhanced remote, mobile app and Alexa no longer work

Mine also started working today.  Yesterday I disabled 'Fast Start', did a restart, and removed both TV's from Alexa.  Today I re-enabled 'Fast Start' did another restart and bingo the voice remote worked again - the graphic when it's in use is now slightly different.  I added my TV's back to Alexa and that also works again.  Since yours started working without tweaking maybe it was a patch sent by Roku and mine would have been fixed without all the fiddling around.

0 Kudos
beebop
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice Commands thru enhanced remote, mobile app and Alexa no longer work

Thanks for posting that it's all working again. I'd given up on it but have just tried it now - without doing a reset - and it's started working again!

0 Kudos
eltawater
Reel Rookie

Out of curiosity I just tried mine again having taken no restart action etc.

Alexa commands now work again!

System update status still shows last updated Dec 11th so must be something on another backend service somewhere maybe?

0 Kudos
beebop
Reel Rookie

Just got home and turned the TV on and I'm back to 'Something went wrong' 

Disappointing. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.