Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tt450
Reel Rookie

TalkBack feature is driving me nuts!

Jump to solution

A recent update added the TalkBack on/off function on the Mute button.
I realize this is a good feature for those who need it at least give us an option in Accessibility settings to permanently turn it off. It triggers much too easily. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tt450
Reel Rookie

Re: TalkBack feature is driving me nuts!

Jump to solution

Renojim, thank you for replying! I hadn’t thought to check the TV (Sony Bravia) and you are correct. The tv is being controlled by the Roku rechargeable remote and I cycled the TalkBack with the Roku remote and it is turning on the TalkBack. The tv is not connected to the internet so I don’t know how this could have changed after 2 years. My wifes Samsung has never had this happen. Guess I won’t buy a Sony next time! Thanks again for your input!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The mute button only affects the TV, so I suspect your TV remote would do the same thing.  See if your TV has an option to turn off that "feature".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tt450
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Renojim, thank you for replying! I hadn’t thought to check the TV (Sony Bravia) and you are correct. The tv is being controlled by the Roku rechargeable remote and I cycled the TalkBack with the Roku remote and it is turning on the TalkBack. The tv is not connected to the internet so I don’t know how this could have changed after 2 years. My wifes Samsung has never had this happen. Guess I won’t buy a Sony next time! Thanks again for your input!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.