Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe391

Tablo App No Longer included on the Roku App

Jump to solution
  1. I recently downloaded the Roku App on my Samsung Smart TV. It is dated 3/5/24.
  2. When I brought the Roku App up on my Samsung Smart TV I found that the Tablo App was not included.
  3. Does this mean that there is concurrently no Tablo App for the Samsung TV on the Roku App?
  4. If so, will there be one included in the near future?
  5. If so, when?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tablo App No Longer included on the Roku App

Jump to solution

The Roku app on a Samsung TV isn't a substitute for an actual Roku device.  It doesn't support Roku apps created to run on actual Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It sounds like you are talking about The Roku Channel, which is just a regular streaming service. Roku apps like Tablo are only available on a device running the Roku operating system.

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Should add that I think there is a Samsung Tablo app for the older Tablo players. For the new white ones, there is currently no native app. For Tablo questions, you should go to the Tablo forums:

https://community.tablotv.com/ 

rickwg

Jump to solution

Samsung doesn't play well with tablo. The Samsung programming language is the issue. The roku app in the smart tv won't allow tablo connection due to these shortcomings. I have a samsung tv. Very expensive from 2015 and I thought it would be an awesome set and it is if you stick to cable service. To get the tablo app you need a roku stick or device attached to the TV, which negates the need for an expensive Samsung TV. My next TV will be a roku set that cost much less than the samsung offerings. 

Roku TVs can get the tablo app btw. 

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku app on a Samsung TV isn't a substitute for an actual Roku device.  It doesn't support Roku apps created to run on actual Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It sounds like you are talking about The Roku Channel, which is just a regular streaming service. Roku apps like Tablo are only available on a device running the Roku operating system.

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Should add that I think there is a Samsung Tablo app for the older Tablo players. For the new white ones, there is currently no native app. For Tablo questions, you should go to the Tablo forums:

https://community.tablotv.com/ 

rickwg

Jump to solution

Samsung doesn't play well with tablo. The Samsung programming language is the issue. The roku app in the smart tv won't allow tablo connection due to these shortcomings. I have a samsung tv. Very expensive from 2015 and I thought it would be an awesome set and it is if you stick to cable service. To get the tablo app you need a roku stick or device attached to the TV, which negates the need for an expensive Samsung TV. My next TV will be a roku set that cost much less than the samsung offerings. 

Roku TVs can get the tablo app btw.