Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empiretc
Channel Surfer

Re: Subtitles keep turning on

Jump to solution

We are having this issue as well and it is beyond annoying.  the "*" shortcut will not work to turn the captions off, and we have to exit the app and go into the actual roku settings to turn it off.

this started a few weeks ago.  we have 7 rokus, so the annoyance is pretty strong. we have tried all recommended remedies, but nothing has worked. 

have there been any updates to this ? 

Halmus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Only update that I'm aware of is the update that I posted yesterday.  Did that bring any resolution?

As far as I can tell, this is an issue with specific Apps themselves, not with the Roku player in general.  I've been able to identify one single App that triggers this behavior for me.  Now, I believe that it's up to that provider to correct their app.  The behavior is totally predictable for me now and I'm waiting, hoping, the provider will correct this. 

If Roku is able to confirm my assertion and has any leverage to "strong-arm" this provider into correcting the issue, great.  Otherwise, I don't believe Roku is able to do anything about the problem other than creating more defined behavioral expectations and requirements for Apps hosted on their machines.

0 Kudos
empiretc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have this issue on SlingTV, BlazeTV, and several others.  It does not occur on any of the roku express units, though, which is strange.  

If it was an app causing it, you would expect it on all units. 

The worse culprits we have are the Premire 4620x and the 4210x units.   none of the Express HD units have this problem. 

Mike87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I haven’t used one today however the issue seems to have fixed itself a few days ago it stopped happening. I don’t know what all channels it was happening with CBS All Access and Hulu for sure. I don’t think the settings in the channel were the problem though because I could leave the channel and go to setting on Roku and they would be turned on. 

empiretc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

yeah, same.  we have to exit the app and actual go into the roku settings to turn them off. 

rmacejr

Jump to solution

I can confirm the BlazeTV app is the problem.  I have also sent them an email.

0 Kudos
BARBVA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on my Roku Premaire 4620. Have to change the setting to OFF when I watch anything on Amazon Prime, but ok on Neflix & The Blaze. I have 2 other Roku's. Roku 3 and Roku Express 3900X and they both work with no problem.

0 Kudos
empiretc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, none of the express units experience this problem.  That is how you know it is not the APP. 

0 Kudos
BARBVA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I do not think it is the app either. I think it is in the player. Just my opinion.

Grovet

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue on my Roku