Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seasidepammie
Reel Rookie

Stuck on Privacy Policy update

Help please! My Roku is stuck on the update privacy policy agreement.

I have the options, Agree, Disagree, Privacy Policy, but I cannot select any option with my remote. If I leave it to time out I have to go back to restarting Roku as it freezes on the screensaver. 

I am unable to get to any channel before the update screen shows up.

Help! My kids want to do PE with Joe and this is the second day of no Roku. 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Stuck on Privacy Policy update

@Seasidepammie 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide us with more details regarding the issue that you are experiencing? What model device are you seeing this message? Can you provide us with a screenshot of the message?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
IS
Reel Rookie

Stuck on Privacy Policy update

My Roku 3500X is stuck on the update privacy policy agreement.

I have the options, Agree, Disagree, Privacy Policy, but I cannot select any option with my remote. If I leave it to time out I have to go back to restarting Roku as it freezes on the screensaver. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@IS 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding when you are seeing this message? Does this happen when setting up the device, when watching a channel, or does it just show up from the homescreen? Were you able to use the remote prior to this message?

With more information about your issue, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IS
Reel Rookie

I switched my TV set on and switched my Roku on as usual. It took me to a Roku homescreen, however when I wanted to choose to Netflix it did not let me to do it, instead, Privacy Policy update appeared on the screen with three options: Agree, Disagree, Privacy Policy and screen froze down copletely. I cannot confirm my choice at all.

I could use my remote previously, but I cannot use it to confirm my choice.

Seasidepammie
Reel Rookie

I am the OP and mortified to admit my remote needed new batteries!

In my defence, we have had a Roku 3 for several years and have never changed the batteries in the remote. We upgraded to a streaming stick and this happened less than a month after installing it! 

Thank you to everyone who offered advice. I changed the batteries in the remote and it is working perfectly now

0 Kudos
IS
Reel Rookie

@Seasidepammie 

Thanks for sharing your experience. You must be mortified indeed. My remote as well as batteries are perfectly fine, batteries changed two weeks ago on Sunday precisly.

Issue is elswhere and has been reported by other users in the past. 

@RokuDanny-R any ideas? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@IS 

Thanks for the information.

Do you experience this issue when you are trying to access any other channel or is it just from Netflix? If Netflix is the only channel that you are experiencing this issue with, we would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more to see if it resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IS
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Problem solved! I had to restart my broadband as well as I unplugged my Roku device and it has helped! No more issues since these 2 steps.

Thanks for help!

0 Kudos
PERSIS

I still have this problem. Checked batteries. Turned off the roku prem box and WiFi. You can see the roku pages behind the message (faintly) but you can't get to them. Press OK as requested and nothing happens.

Please help! 

0 Kudos