Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fawkwad

Stolen roku. Credit card info is on there. Help.

I am trying to completely remove any credit card attached to my roku that I just set up due to it being stolen (at work). 

Help!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stolen roku. Credit card info is on there. Help.

Your CC information isn't stored in the Roku itself, it's in your user account. You can delete it from the user web site. The Roku might display a few of the digits, but no one is going to be able to access your complete CC information from the Roku.

Also on your user web site you can delete the device from your account, so it cannot access your account at all if they put the device back online. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stolen roku. Credit card info is on there. Help.

@Fawkwad -

Your CC number cannot be revealed on the Roku interface, so until you remove the stolen unit from your Roku account as @atc98092 suggests, all the thief can do is make normal Roku transactions through your Roku account.  Things like add a premium streaming service that can only be accessed through your Roku account, add a pay per view session or screen saver to your account, purchase Roku equipment, etc.  The thief won't have general access to your CC to use anywhere else.

Log into your account at https://my.roku.com, scroll down to the "My devices" section, click on the stolen device, and remove it from your account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.