Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jellycsc

[Solution] Screen mirroring, no Roku device found in Windows

TL;DR, enable the Wi-Fi in your PC

Here is my setup, I have a Windows 10 PC in the basement running as a server. It's only connected via ethernet. My Roku TV is located at the bedroom on the second floor, and I want to mirror the screen of the Windows server to the Roku TV.

Problem: Following the official doc (https://support.roku.com/en-ca/article/208754928), no Roku TV is shown after clicking "Connect".

Root cause: Roku screen mirroring uses Miracast. Discovery requests to identify Miracast receivers can only occur through the Wi-Fi adapter.

Solution: I added a Wi-Fi card and an antenna to my Windows server. Finally, the Roku TV is shown in the device list.

Labels (1)
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.