Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMHow
Reel Rookie

Software update error 003

I am unable to connect to my settings.  I get the error message 014.40 when I add my password (which I know is correct because I just started it up on my Mac).  When I restart Roku and hit the home button, it takes me to Software update.  I sometimes get an error 003 when I retry.  This is a new Roku Express HD hooked up to the tv I originally used for my previous Roku.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Software update error 003

If you can, try connecting to your phone's hotspot to get past the software update.  The 14.40 error is often caused by special characters in the Wi-Fi password, so eliminating them is another option and maybe the only option if the software update doesn't get you going.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.