Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TorianEC
Streaming Star

Software update 1.2.5.0 build 4175 – C2

On my Roku Ultra 2022, the Home screen right panel has a new section of icons above the "Apps" Setting, as of System Update Build 4175-C2, labeled "On Now", with a number of icons, which I am unable to remove via System/Settings/Home Screen.

in addition, now when I hit the Home button from anywhere it jumps to those selections, instead of the first items I put on my list of apps.

It would be great if I could omit this via Settings Menu. Is there a way to do that, please? I do not want to see this at all. Ever.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Software update 1.2.5.0 build 4175 – C2

Paging Roku employees @RokuAustin, @RokuERey, and any other moderators. More essential feedback that needs to get to the right people.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

I don' understand. Could you explain to me exactly what is this reply supposed to mean? Thank you so much. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TorianEC,

Thanks for getting in touch and for your feedback about these changes. I have passed along this to the appropriate team for further review.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

Thanks for this, Rey!!!!

perhaps this link should be merged or moved to where it seems to be more popularly commented upon… If you can, see the link here…

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/NEW-HOME-SCREEN-quot-ON-NOW-quot/td-p/915620...

I wish I could be notified in this forum that somebody is actually paying attention to this issue. It is annoying since I have my favorite channel at the top.

Those who are responsible for inventing these useless changes forget that we are your customers and what gets added should always be accompanied by the ability to turn it off.

But thanks again to you... Wish I could let the IT design department know my feelings rather than bother you with these items. You have been and continue to be very kind. 

0 Kudos