Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff_w_s
Reel Rookie

Software Update 12.0.0 causes problems with changing picture size

Jump to solution

Since the 12.0.0 update, my TCL 55R635 has a problem with changing the picture size. I've tried Netflix, Prime Video and Discovery, and all have the same problem. If I am watching a program and go to options to change the picture size (Direct/Normal/Stretch/Zoom/Auto), and I switch to any other size I lose the video. I still have the audio and captions to the program, just no video. It doesn't matter if I switch back to the original setting. No video for that program until I back out to the menu and press play to start watching the program or movie again.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeff_w_s
Reel Rookie

Re: Software Update 12.0.0 causes problems with changing picture size

Jump to solution

I can not provide a photo of the problem. A few days ago, when I had the problem, I restarted my TV 2 or 3 times and also restarted my router. Either the last TV restart or the router restart corrected the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
jeff_w_s
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The  video loss happens to anything I watch, including the Roku Live TV programs.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @jeff_w_s 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing on the newest OS release.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details about what you are seeing. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version and build (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • can you provide a video illustrating the issue you are experiencing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeff_w_s
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It was a TCL 55R635 Roku TV. The Roku software was version 12.0.0. The screen would turn black although the audio and captions would continue, just as it would if there was a problem with DRM. If I returned to the menu and pressed play to start watching, the video would show again. After restarting the TV 2 or 3 times and also disconnecting the network connection and reconnecting it, the video displays as it should.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @jeff_w_s 

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you provide a video illustrating the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand what you are seeing?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeff_w_s
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can not provide a photo of the problem. A few days ago, when I had the problem, I restarted my TV 2 or 3 times and also restarted my router. Either the last TV restart or the router restart corrected the problem.

0 Kudos
GFRR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I went to a12 upgrade on my roku smart tv and I have the same problem to but I don't even have a auto size on mine it doesn't have a direct zoom or a stretch on it anymore it did before the upgrade so what has happen to my tv the older programs that I used to stretch out I can't do it no more. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GFRR,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with the newest OS release.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details about what you are seeing. We recommend starting here to troubleshoot your issue. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
  • Screenshot or video of the issue occurring (when possible).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jimsbest1

Jump to solution

tcl roku

model  55s451

• 2304gnc001305ad1649

will not stretch

0 Kudos
GFRR
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey guys I have found the problem awhile ago it's OK now thanks anyways. 

0 Kudos