Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vme
Reel Rookie

Since about February 8, 2024 my recently watched is not clearing!

it's driving me insane to have an accumulation of channels that I have no interest in watching in my recently watched. when I go to Claire it does nothing except make up "bing" noise. I have removed the app reset my Roku reinstalled the app the items continue there still won't clear recently watched channels, I've even done a Roku device factory default reset and it's still happening on all of my devices. How can I fix this or is it ROKU that has to fix this via an update?

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Philski2
Channel Surfer

Re: Since about February 8, 2024 my recently watched is not clearing!

This has been happening to me also.  I've removed the Roku channel and re-installed it, attempted to delete the offending programming - usually OAN, Fox, Newsmax etc., all programming my elderly father watches while staying with me and the shows remain.

Last month, Roku placed these and similar programs in the Featured live TV line and apparently, enough people complained and asked that the shows be removed.  it took a bit, but Roku finally removed the unwanted content.  It appears it's time for that to happen again.

Also, I'd like an option that once a channel - OAN for example is removed  - it CANNOT be resurrected.  I block that BS for a reason.  I DO NOT want it.  How do I get this point to stick with the folks at Roku??!!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vme @Philski2,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out about this issue going on with The Roku Channel, and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We'd like to take a closer look at this. I see that you're able to remove the content; do you see any error messages, or does it come back even after the restart?

Please let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Philski2
Channel Surfer

You can remove the content by using an online account, but after you remove it, the content returns. Even after a restart.  There is no ability to remove the content using the streaming device on your TV.  You receive no error messages.  As I said, I want ALL right wing TV nonsense - Fox News Now, Real America's Voice, OAN and Newsmax 2 PERMANENTLY REMOVED from my TV.  I shouldn't have to repeatedly perform the action to remove this trash and once the content is removed it should remain OFF my TV.  Thanks,

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Philski2,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems permanently removing content from your Recently Watched section. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details.

Please provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID. When you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dacombs
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue.

Here is the information you needed.

3930x-Roku Express

X00400D7SKHT

S00820A7SKHT

12.5.5 Build 4174-AE

ID HT-067-653

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dacomb,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing these details. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, please provide us with additional information:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to the Roku Channel only? (Specify)
  • Can you provide us with a photo of the running issue as our reference?

In the meantime, you can try removing the affected app, restarting your system, and adding the app again to see if that fixes the issue.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                    Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Philski2
Channel Surfer

Eunice - 

My Phillips Roku TV is model # 32PFL4664/F7A.  Software version is 12.5.5 Build 4174-63 and the Tracker ID number I got when I tried to remove the Recently Watched content on the Roku Channel was ID 70-069-214.

Basically, I want to remove Newsmax2, OAN, Real America's Voice, Fox News Now or any other right wing **bleep** from the See All line on the recently watched segment from the Roku channel that my elderly father watches when he's staying at my house. 

0 Kudos
Philski2
Channel Surfer

Eunice -  I've taken the app off and added it back on my TV and that does nothing.  I've also gone online to my Roku account to the live channel.  I can temporarily remove the offending trash from the recently watched line, but after a short time, it returns - even on my online Roku account.  It's almost as if these programs are resistent to being taken off.  If their programming weren't so flawed and erroneuos, I wouldn't have a problem keeping it in the queue.  However, it's nothing but a bunch of misleading lies and misinformation.  I DO NOT want it on my TV - PERIOD!

0 Kudos
Philski2
Channel Surfer

Hi - I receive no error messages after removing, reinstalling and restarting the app on my TV.  This nonsense just keeps coming back after the restart.  I can remove it from my online account and the same thing happens.  This stuff just keeps returning like the proverbial bad penny.

0 Kudos