Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wisemagic
Reel Rookie

Screen saver broken after last update

Since the last Roku update the screen saver no longer works. It is set to start after 10 minutes of inactivity. It does come on, the after about 10 seconds it goes back to the main home screen. It cycles like that continuously. 

I have rebooted the Roku numerous times. Even unplugged it overnight,... a good 8 hours. Still does the same thing. Changed to a different screen saver. Same result.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Kaysey6600

Re: Screen saver broken after last update

Mine too! 

0 Kudos
wisemagic
Reel Rookie

I fixed mine. Took it outside and smashed it with a hammer, and went back to using my cable company.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kaysey6600,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We noticed in your post that you are encountering a problem with the screensaver on your Roku device following the recent update. We would appreciate it if you could provide us with further information regarding this issue.

We would like to know the following details below: 

• Roku device/TV model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried in trying to fix the issue?
  • We would appreciate a video clip showing the issue on the TV screen.
    You'll have to use Google Drive to upload a video to the Roku Community.
  1. Share the video on Google Drive with "Anyone with the link" access.
  2. Copy the shareable link and paste it into the Roku community forum when creating your post. (You cannot directly upload a video from Google Drive to the Roku community, you need to share the link instead.)

Providing these details will help us to look closely into the issue. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
george91

Since the last Roku update the screen saver no longer works.

"yesterday
Screen saver broken after last update

Since the last Roku update the screen saver no longer works. It is set to start after 10 minutes of inactivity. It does come on, the after about 10 seconds it goes back to the main home screen. It cycles like that continuously. 

I have rebooted the Roku numerous times. Even unplugged it overnight,... a good 8 hours. Still does the same thing. Changed to a different screen saver. Same result.

Anyone know how to fix this?"

I have absolutely the same issue. I would appreciate help from ROKU,
Thank you, 
George

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Since the last Roku update the screen saver no longer works.

Hi @george91,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We get that you are also having an issue with the screensaver on your Roku device/TV after the update.

We need to conduct a thorough investigation of this matter. Therefore, we kindly request that you provide us with the specific details that were mentioned above.

Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
george91

Hi Riamie,
Thanks for your reply.

After the last update on 10/10/2024 my Roku 2 and Roku 3 screensaver doesn't work- I chose the free Roku digital clock theme and after a couple of minutes Roku played again, then waited 1 minute (I set this time) and again after a couple of minutes Roku played again. 
I would greatly appreciate your help.
Thank you
George91

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @george91,

Thanks for the response.

We appreciate you for providing more details about your issue with the screensaver. We would like to gather more information about the Roku device that you are having an issue with so kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device/TV model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings System About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

This information will help us to look closely into the issue. We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.