Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wren_e

Roku wants to connect to wireless printer which is bluetooth and will not show wifi connection

Suddenly my roku will not connect to my wifi.  It wants to connect to bluetooth printer in same room.

Even unplugging my printer does not let my roku connect to my wifi.  But If out of the room it will

connect to wifi.  This only started a week ago.  Any other ideas to try?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku wants to connect to wireless printer which is bluetooth and will not show wifi connection

What's the model number of your Roku displayed under Settings->System->About and who is your ISP?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku wants to connect to wireless printer which is bluetooth and will not show wifi connection

Most printers are Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth. I do see a few available, but those are designed for a phone to connect for direct printing. I suspect your Roku is seeing the WiFi that the printer has for devices to connect to it. Very few Roku devices support Bluetooth, and those are only enabled for audio streaming, which is a different protocol than wireless printing. A Roku simply can't see any Bluetooth device as a network connection. It doesn't contain the hardware required.

I believe the Ultra (4800) and the Streambar player/speaker devices are the only current models that support Bluetooth audio streaming. Roku wireless speakers also support Bluetooth audio streaming, but those will only connect to a Roku TV.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.