Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pingman69
Reel Rookie

Roku voice search doesn't return content from Youtube TV?

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have a new 4K Roku streaming stick. 

When I search for content using the voice search, matching content in Roku TV, Hulu, Prime, etc. will be suggested BUT NOT Youtube TV.

For instance, I searched for "Seinfeld", YT TV was not listed? I did another search for "Bluey" and it also didn't list YT TV as a source?

When the Roku is searching for content, is it not looking in YT TV? If so, is there a way around this? I am planning to use YT TV as my cable replacement. It also doesn't seem possible to open the YT TV app and issue a voice search within the app--am I missing something?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku voice search doesn't return content from Youtube TV?

Jump to solution

Hello @Pingman69

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

Please be aware that search results from Voice Search will only be shown if the channel provider has allowed their content. For more information about this functionality and request, you'll need to reach out to the channel provider directly for further assistance. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Pingman69

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

Please be aware that search results from Voice Search will only be shown if the channel provider has allowed their content. For more information about this functionality and request, you'll need to reach out to the channel provider directly for further assistance. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Pingman69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuKarla 

Thank you for the reply. So are you saying I should reach out to You Tube TV with my question? 

TY

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pingman69

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. You may contact YouTube TV support here.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos