Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cogs222

Roku ultra issue with remote status

I have a Roku ultra and  I'm getting a remote status every 12 seconds even with the battery fully charged.

it is very annoying and I'm thinking of returning it, what can be done to stop this from happening

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Roku ultra issue with remote status

@cogs222  Curious if you're having WiFi congestion issues since the remote uses WiFi direct. It's possible that changing the WiFi channel could resolve it, though I've personally never had this problem. Just using logic here..And if you haven't already, install a network app like WiFi Analyzer for Android or something similar if you use Apple and see which channels are the most congested

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.