Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toshii

Unable to setup Roku remote for TV control using Epson projector

Jump to solution

New Roku for Epson Projector that has the built-in android stream stick that's just gotten too old/too many updates and isn't supporting app updates for most streaming services anymore.

Anyway, roku initial setup: wifi good, updates good, congratulations you're at 1080P. Huzzah.

"Continue" takes me to the power and volume setup. Continue again takes me to input my TV manufacturer, where Epson isn't a choice. Fine. Go back. Only other option is Advanced which leads to CEC and IR setup, neither if which has an Epson option.

There appears to be no way out of this, which is a problem. I suppose I could go power cycle it.

But how is a major projector manufacturer not even on the list?

And how do you not give me a way around your clearly not exhaustive list?

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to setup Roku remote for TV control using Epson projector

Jump to solution

Hi @toshii,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble setting up your Roku streaming device using your Epson Projector. We are more than willing to provide you with more information about this.

When setting up a new Roku device, it's important to go through the activation process using a smart TV. It's worth noting that the setup of the Roku remote control doesn't support projectors, as it requires input from a TV brand. However, once the device is successfully set up and activated, it can then be used with your Epson Projector, providing you with an enhanced viewing experience.

For more help, you can visit our support articles on how to set up Roku Streaming players:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to setup Roku remote for TV control using Epson projector

Jump to solution

Hi @toshii,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble setting up your Roku streaming device using your Epson Projector. We are more than willing to provide you with more information about this.

When setting up a new Roku device, it's important to go through the activation process using a smart TV. It's worth noting that the setup of the Roku remote control doesn't support projectors, as it requires input from a TV brand. However, once the device is successfully set up and activated, it can then be used with your Epson Projector, providing you with an enhanced viewing experience.

For more help, you can visit our support articles on how to set up Roku Streaming players:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.