Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeK3
Binge Watcher

Why must Roku keep Clogging Up the Home Screen?

Why must Roku find it necessary to clog up the home screen with tons of "recommendations" that I have to CONSTANTLY hide?  Please stop doing this.  I long for the early days of Roku when it was just the channel tiles I wanted to see.  Instead, we now have the following we have to turn on  or off:

Shortcuts (turned off - umm - stupid ... TV off?  Ad Apps?  No purpose for either)

Recommendation Rows (turned off - so now an AI is going to tell me what to watch?)

Sports (turned off - just add a sports channel if you want sports)

Live TV (turned off - just add Amazon, Hulu or YouTube and subscribe to live TV and get better experience)

The Emmy's Collection (turned off - these "seasonal" home screen suggestions are REALLY annoying)

Feature Free (turned off - who cares if free or pay - I will find the cheapest way to pay and then pay if I want to watch it)

Daily Trivia (turned off - totally stupid - if I want to play trivia I will play trivia ... if I want to watch Roku I will watch Roku - dumb)

What to Watch (turned off - I already know what I want to watch ... I don't need an AI giving me suggestions)

My Offers (turned off - just another way for Roku to make money)

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Ed1965
Reel Rookie

Re: Why must Roku keep Clogging Up the Home Screen?

I'm with you. Stop adding garbage to my screen.

And while I'm adding. I really really hate and despise your animated banner ads.

MikeK3
Binge Watcher

Yes.  Agreed.  I forgot the banner ads.  What is up with that?  If I purchase a device, why must I put up with ads? 

Phaize31
Reel Rookie

Same here I'd rather pay more for the device if it meant they would stop adding dumbass stuff NO ONE uses period

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.