Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawnLynn
Channel Surfer

Roku sending Registration messages to my Ooma phone device.

I cannot find any help on this on the Internet, in the Roku help, or in here. Roku keeps sending registration messages to my Ooma phone (VOIP). And my Ooma keeps speaking these messages aloud. I started turning my Wireless off for the night cause they were waking me up. But this morning the messages came through without the wireless on. Woke me up early in the morning. What the heck is going on? They seem to be messages from services I canceled in the last month. This is crazy! Please someone how can I stop it permanently. I don't want a temporary fix. Thanks!

Dawn

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DawnLynn
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku sending Registration messages to my Ooma phone device.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DawnLynn,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What kind of messages are you receiving? Who exactly they are coming from? Can you please provide a screenshot so we can better understand the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
DawnLynn
Channel Surfer

Mary,

I did reply yesterday with more details but I don't see the reply here. Perhaps I goofed it up. The issue is an audio one so there are no screenshots. Somehow "This is not registered" is being sent through my wireless from Roku and it's getting to my Internet Phone Ooma (VOIP). The Ooma is then speaking the messages out loud. It's very disturbing. I can turn the Wireless off but that is only a temporary fix. And if I forget to turn the wireless off at bedtime, the messages wake me up. Plus, I don't like having our phone off-our security solution uses that phone. Earlier in the beginning one time when the Ooma was speaking messages, I did see registration screen from Disney asking me to rejoin. I clicked in the negative and the messages stopped on Ooma so it must be related that. Thanks, Dawn

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@DawnLynn 

Sounds like you may have your Ooma's Voicemail Monitoring feature Enabled on your Ooma device.

(https://support.ooma.com/home/voicemail-monitoring/)

Try disabling this feature from within your Ooma Settings.  If you cannot disable, you can also lower your speaker on the Ooma device for the evening (even Silent), or place Ooma in "Do Not Disturb" which will send these messages to Voicemail without the "announcement".  But permanent solution would be to disable the announcement function entirely.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DawnLynn
Channel Surfer

Thank you, I will try these when I get home from work. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DawnLynn
Channel Surfer

Just a note though, we don't have or use the Voicemail feature so I'll just have to try turning down the volume. thanks...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@DawnLynn 

You may not use it, but it may have been accidently enabled in the settings.

I have a similar (non-Ooma, non-internet) setup, and I have to call occasionally the provider to disable the voicemail feature since the override settings don't work anymore on my unsupported older base unit.  Works fine for the reason I use it and have simply placed tape over the flashing lights that keep telling me I have voicemails that I can't access.  Occasionally even after being disabled, it will start answering calls again, prompting yet another call to the provider.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DawnLynn
Channel Surfer

Thanks for that, I will keep that in mind. We have had the unit for several years and this is the first time we have had this issue. I never said anything is impossible these days! 🙂

DawnLynn
Channel Surfer

It took me awhile to find my Ooma account information. The version of Ooma I have offers no ability to adjust volume anywhere nor ability to adjust voicemail which we don't have. The volume on the device is from 1 to 4 and 1 is annoying. There is no way to silence the device. Thanks for trying. I'm going to try calling Roku Dawn

0 Kudos