Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku pop up menu guide keeps appearing on screen

@dcathome Store Mode and Movie Store are two different things. Store Mode turns all the display settings on full bright, and depending on the model has promotional banners that appear on the screen. It's designed to help sell the TVs while on display on a store shelf. The setting you are referring to merely shows or hides the link on the home screen to the Fandango store. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
dcathome
Streaming Star

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BongoMike
Binge Watcher

Re: Unwanted Info Auto Pop-up on Live TV

So it seems that this issue has been resolved with the latest update yesterday which auto updated for me by Noon Eastern(the only thing besides the pop-up issue that I see different is that it added a 'Picture Off')-choice in settings which was kinda random, but whatever-lol. As I mentioned in previous comments I purposely hid the streaming channels due to the fact that the pop-up was so annoying(that with this issue the OTA channels were More than Enough to deal with)-since the update I've added them back and Voila, haven't seen the dreaded pop-up since...Yeah!!!

eDM
Reel Rookie

Re: Unwanted Info Auto Pop-up on Live TV

This issue does in fact seem to be resolved, for me at least.  OTA and streaming channels combined.  I did what was was suggested by removing streaming and adding them back AFTER THE LATEST/MAY UPDATE and haven't seen the channel info pop up after 1 minute or randomly. 

Thanks to all...and Roku Developers!

Did anything work cause all we be getting is run around I would like to know if anything work or not

0 Kudos
Angie7

Thank you so much that ad was driving me nuts I couldn't watch TV in peace without that stupid ad popping up every few seconds I had to keep pressing a button on the remote to get rid of it.  Roku should start adding a sticker on the TV so people don't have to spend hours and days searching for ways to get rid of it and accidentally turning off other settings just trying anything they can to fix it.

key05

Perfect! This exactly what we came here for! 

0 Kudos

Go to Settings>System>Store settings. Uncheck the box beside “Show store marketing messages” to turn off Roku pop up menu

0 Kudos
jj31

Re: Roku pop up menu guide keeps appearing on screen Thank you for this ...it worked!!!!

0 Kudos
DebbiesTV

Go to settings/system/store settings

uncheck box. 

if this doesn’t work (usually this is the issue) then go to advanced system settings and factory reset. 

0 Kudos