Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cneidle
Reel Rookie

Roku not automatically switching inputs

No matter which input I was using on my Samsung LED TV when I pressed a button on my Roku the input would automatically change to that input. About a week ago it stopped. I rebooted the TV and the Roku, checked that all the cables were secure etc. Nothing seems to have changed... Any thoughts? 

6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not automatically switching inputs

Go into the roku settings> system> control other devices (CEC)> uncheck 1-touch play box

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cneidle
Reel Rookie

Isn't that the exact opposite of what I am trying to accomplish? I want it to automatically switch inputs to my Roku when I'm on another source. The check box was checked for a long time and it worked. For some reason it stopped working.

I noticed the same problem today when I tried. It was a feature that worked when I first got my device (a Roku Express), and today, even before the build 4166-AE of the 9.3.0 software update installed it wasn't switching to the port I have it connected.

I went through and verified that the "1-touch play" item is checked on the Express, and I even went into the CEC menu on my TV, set everything to "on", but nothing. My TV used to see the Roku Express as a CEC device, it no longer does. My TV did not go through a software update, so that's not an issue.

It's a useful feature, I'd to get it back if someone from Roku is paying attention.

V_104

I have had the same issue since the SW upgrade. Seems like Roku is completely ignoring this issue. Even after another SW upgrade the issue still remains. I even changed the HDMI cable to the latest standard, this too did not help.

Dank422

I just went in to -settings-system- control other devices-search for CEC devices..and it fixed the issue after the update. Hope this works for you.

0 Kudos
Aly1974

My roku has also done this.. all of a sudden stopped automatically switing imput source on the tv..i have tried everything and nothing works. One touch is enabled but nothing happens.. I javr to grab the other remote and switch the source to watch on the roku! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.