Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alice06

Roku express will not stop rebooting

I’ve looked at several posts in the community channels and I feel like I’ve tried everything. I tried power cycling my TV, I’ve bought a brand new cable and power cube, I updated my Roku, factory reset my Roku, and yes I did try unplugging it and then plugging it back in.

Literally nothing works long enough, at most it’ll work briefly for maybe 30 minutes or an hour, but averaged out to every 10-15 minutes, and I don’t want to be getting up every 10 minutes just to spend 5 minutes plugging and unplugging hoping maybe this time it’ll work. Not to mention, recently it just hasn’t worked at all. No matter what I do it keeps rebooting, and that’s if it’ll even connect to the TV. TV hasn’t been picking up on the Roku input for about two days now.

I have no clue how to fix it and I need help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express will not stop rebooting

@alice06 

The power adapter (power cube) has to be rated for 5 volts, and at least 1 amp.

If you are sure your new power adapter meets those specs and are still having an issue, you may just have a failed/failing device.

If less than 30 days old, you should qualify for a refund under warranty.  If older than 30 days, but less than 1 year old, you should qualify for a replacement under warranty.

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements - https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.