Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirlou
Binge Watcher

Re: Thank you for the great service and the layers between direct contact!

Keep shilling for them, but Roku is not gonna date you!

0 Kudos
HellBound
Streaming Star

Roku is disabling TV's if you do not agree to their Dispute Resolution Terms

I've already decided I will no longer buy Roku TVs or devices anymore due to incompetent developers that keep adding unneeded new features instead of fixing current bugs.

Now they are disabling TV's if you do not agree to their Dispute Resolution Terms. I have TCL TV's with Roku built-in. Even though the TV is not made or owned by Roku, they think they can disable the whole TV if you don't agree with their terms first. I can 't even use the additional HDMI ports for another streaming device, computer or Blu-ray player.

TCL support told me they are getting many complaints and they are telling end-user to Factor Reset the TV and keep it disconnected from the Internet so you can continue the non-Roku features of the TV.

The funny thing I keep reading while researching this issue is people keep saying that they never thought of taking Roku court before, until they hijacked the TV.

fllinton

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

0 Kudos
o2night
Streaming Star

Re: Roku disables players and TVs with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

No room for immature politics here.  

0 Kudos
o2night
Streaming Star

Re: Did anyone else notice Roku retroactively changed terms and conditions

Funny, the FCC passes everything to the FTC and the FTC passes everything off on the FCC.  Time to defund and dismantle both of them.  They were appropriated to protect consumers, not play musical chairs.

o2night
Streaming Star

Re: Roku disables players and TVs with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

0 Kudos
m167a1
Reel Rookie

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

The point of the OPs message was that they found a way to perform the desired task without the use of a Roku product. Something that due to the recent TOS update should be on the to do list of everyone here.

I will not be purchasing any further Roku products nor will I be recommending them to other as long as this TOS provision is in place.  I also note that some competing products do not have such a provision.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Class Action? Anyone Interested

@m167a1 wrote:

I will not be purchasing any further Roku products nor will I be recommending them to other as long as this TOS provision is in place.  I also note that some competing products do not have such a provision.

That's certainly something you can do. But the TOS you're so unhappy about has terms that are very similar to what they've have for years, if not forever. Arbitration has always been part of the TOS, it's nothing new. And yes, most competing products have very similar content in their terms. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Rokru01
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

I never received an update my tv just stopped connecting to the internet every time you revert to the home page on both of my devices. I have lost many hours of my life working on and stressing over something soo stupid that If this is not made right I wont only never buy Roku again, I'll devote my life to making sure no one else does and do whatever it takes to make their business suffer. 

cag53

Re: Class Action Suit - Forced to sign a ( I won’t Join a Class Action suit against ROKU ).

I also REFUSE to accept the new agreement, with no option to opt out of it. I won't agree, only to have to jump through hoops to opt out of it via snail mail!!!  Ok Amazon Fire Stick, here I come. The day that my TVs stop working, or I lose access to Netflix, Amazon, etc... is the day I get rid of all 5 of our Roku products.

Roku, how many customers do you think you're losing over the strong-arm tactics?  Evidently you don't care much. 

0 Kudos