Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aa5gp

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

My Roku phone app gives control of my smart tv with a Roku stick back to me (it works fine)  but shame on Roku for their dishonorable tactics.

0 Kudos

Re: Roku disables players and TVs with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

I will never purchase a Roku TV again. Just plain sad. Consumers re no longer of value. I will be buying another TV, but it won’t be a Roku.

aiyagari

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

This explains why I haven't seen it. My Harmony macros make extensive use of Home since that "resets" the state of the menu to the top, putting it in a known state for macros.

0 Kudos
Orudy1
Channel Surfer

I'm late to chime in, but as a TCL Roku 4K owner thru Walmart, I'm also pi$$ed.  My opt-out letter is in the mail as we speak.  How dare they try to brick my new tv?  I'll get in line for my ~ 200 bucks back pronto. As an aside I only tried the Roku channels (free ones) a couple times so I won't miss it if it goes away,  I'd be out a lot more than the ones with just $30-40 sticks.  I'm a tech type (retired) and I made my "one-way notice" disappear by disabling the wi-fi first, then did a "factory reset" and manually setting up Live TV as a "antenna/cable only" hook-up as we don't need Roku products that much (elderly here) anymore.  The TCL tv is not too bad to look at, but if I'd known the remote itself didn't even have a key-pad, I'd have bought a Visio instead. I suspect Roku's problems are more dire than has been see so far and I guess we'll have to let the lawyers get their cut before we see a dime if there's any litigation forthcoming.  Watching here, but not expecting much in return. Hope this wasn't already covered as I didn't read all 48 pages posted so far.

o2night
Streaming Star

Do you know how to share the link?  Do you use social media?  Email?  You can add a "signature" to most email programs, and a short note including the link to these messages.  There ARE ways to spread the word (at least until they take the comment pages down, in which case, I've been saving them.)
 Have you all been sending in complaints or just posting here?   I have included the link in all my complaints to the FTC, BBB, Roku, Att0rney Generals etc. 

Totally agree this agreement in that it is buried in legal jargon and terms, not meant for someone like me.  No overview or synopsis.  Try finding the Disagree button.  

0 Kudos
Hakemon
Channel Surfer

I am publicly stating I was forced to "Agree" under duress!

First and foremost, I have been a Roku user for over a decade.  I first started with my Roku 2XD.  I did not want to make this a public post; however, I feel posting it in public is going to go further than in a private message that Roku can claim "they did not receive".

Therefore, this is my public (think of it like a newspaper ad) post stating that this week, I was forced to AGREE to terms I do not actually agree to, in fear I was going to lose my TV.  With that stated, I encourage others who were forced under duress to also state as such.

I would also like to state, that not once did I actually hit "OK" on the remote, and rather spammed "Back>Home" intentionally taking advantage of a bug in your firmware that forced the window to close, without ever properly acknowledging the prompt.

In my final words before forever signing out of this web page and never buying a Roku product again, I am ashamed you have become such a greedy company with such a mentality like this (you know which mentality..)  Strongarming your users such as this is no way to treat loyal OR new customers.

Hakemon
Channel Surfer

I was able to spam Back>Home on the physical remote to bypass it.

I'd also like to welcome others to intentionally and loudly claim (as it was) under duress.  This is very wrong.

0 Kudos
HadEnough
Reel Rookie

I accept your new terms, and my new terms are that I will never buy another Roku product again. I will not be bullied and held hostage anymore by these tech companies. I'd rather spend my free time staring at a wall because I've boycotted every single one than be complicit with them continuing to make money while giving us the finger.

I bought my TV three years ago. It's mine. You do not get to alter the deal while I pray you don't alter it any further.

NoIWont

Just go ahead and send the opt out letter anyway. It can't hurt. Just keep a copy for yourself.

0 Kudos