Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ugfhcfkjhvcjlvf
Reel Rookie

Re: Dispute terms resolution update

I turned of my internet and then was able to go through the menu and disconnect it from the internet. Rebooted now use with my fire TV. Still angry.

0 Kudos
WillieJ
Reel Rookie

My issue is not with the TOS. It’s with hijacking my tv. I have another device attacked to it and can’t even use that without agreeing. 

NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

The address is in the TOS. But go to the CA State AG website and fill in their complaint form which is very simple.

0 Kudos
sirlou
Binge Watcher

"there's actually very little that has changed"

Other folx are pointing out that quite a lot *has* changed.

Also, "binding arbitration" is quite different than INDIVIDUALIZED BINDING ARBITRATION, which is blocking collective action for their wrongdoing. Of course a big mega-corp player in the streaming game can squash any of us like a bug, individually.

In addition, the means of shoving this down our throats and holding our devices hostage until we relent is truly loathsome, repugnant and deserving of widespread condemnation for anti-consumer activity.

Lastly, in the face of such hubris a shoulder shrug (again) leads to losing all our rights.

I prefer NOT to be repeatedly and consistently violated, thank you.

NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Switch to Amazon Fire and file complaint with CA State AG online. Very simple.

0 Kudos
NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Switch to Amazon Fire. Say goodbye to this Bud Light wannabe.

0 Kudos
sirlou
Binge Watcher

"The fact that a company who has my credit card and personal info on file wants to waive any lawsuits, is questionable and very concerning."

YES, this right here! What have they *already done*, which necessitated this desperate power grab, that we need to worry about?!

NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Re: Did anyone else notice Roku retroactively changed terms and conditions

Shades of Bud Light. Switch to Amazon Fire and file complaint with state AG

0 Kudos
NoBiden
Binge Watcher

There must be a class action brewing.I say switch to competing A player and file a complaint with CA State AG which is very easy online.

NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Re: User Agreement Update / Hostage Unit

What Roku did by bricking the units unless you agree sounds racist to me. I disconnected mine and switched to Amazon Fire. I also filed a complaint with CA AG.