Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shmitchell400
Channel Surfer

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

@Smooty The universal remotes will not work. I was finally able to bypass the agree page and have access to my TV. Unplug tv and remove batteries from remote for 2 minutes. Try to click * to agree. If that doesn’t work download the Roku app on your phone ( Roku will be in purple letters with a white background in the App Store) once you have the app click to accept agree. This worked for me! 

0 Kudos

Re: Class action laws--t against roku.

I will gladly join a class action suit. I'm not agreeing to let them just doing whatever they want and forcing me to either agree or have a useless tv that I paid for. I bought the TV with the understanding of their previous terms and conditions. They changed them and now I don't agree so I am stuck with a tv that I cannot use. This is unacceptable by all means. What if a child was trying to use the tv and just hit ok. A legal document should not stop you from being able to use it and just be accessible to anyone in the household. I will never buy a roku device ever again and customers deserve rights and justice

NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

Your summation is spot on. Having to first ACCEPT this ramming down my throat in order to continue using the player brings up an interesting question...if I now write to the unidentified General Counsel to opt out with what hopefully is all the relevant information, will it be accepted or ignored because I already agreed? At a minimum I would think it would create some issue they can use against you in defense. 

number40Fan
Binge Watcher

Absolute BS.  This just popped up on the screen today.  Issued 2-20-24???  Just a few days late, there Roku.

I'll unplug both TVs and place them in the basement before I agree to this s*** and will GLADLY join any class action suit against you.

0 Kudos
NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Re: Did anyone else notice Roku retroactively changed terms and conditions

You have 30 days to opt out assuming you can because you had possibly already accepted in order for your child to watch his favorite program but the clock already started ticking based on the alleged date of the notice and how it predates when we actually were served with it. Basically, Roku is playing a serious legal game with their customer base who up till now trusted and enjoyed their product. I have 3 4k Roku players but I also have an Amazon player that I may now switch to on my main TV. Roku you are being foolish.

0 Kudos

There is absolutely NO WAY this is enforceable - since there is no way to prove who actually clicked the agree button. There is no verification that the actual owner of the Roku account, device or TV pressed the button vs a houseguest with no rights to legally agree to anything on your behalf. This is a pop up, (this wasn’t sent to you directly via email or even a message in your Roku account profile) it doesn’t even require reading the terms, like most that require you to scroll all the way to the bottom of the terms then click agree. Essentially anyone who sets foot in your home could have clicked agree just to get the TV working: the maintenance man, the cable guy, babysitter, air bnb(er), your housekeeper who can’t even read English or your 5yr old who just wants to make Disney+ work again. This has to be an attempt at relevance by Roku, because the delivery method (the most intrusive, upsetting and disrupting way possible), the no direct opt out option, the freezing of devices with no bypass other than agreement, all invalidate the agreement itself and I know their legal team would have told them this wasn’t going to stand up if someone actually wanted to sue them, yet they proceeded.  I say click the dang on button and enjoy your shows…if you ever get the inclination to sue or jump in on a class action go for it!!! Without cameras in your living room they could never prove that the sue-er was the button clicker 🙂 

NoBiden
Binge Watcher

Call their General Council office and leave a complaint 408-556-9391. Let them know how they blew it. Amazon has a streamer that is just as good as Roku. As much as I hate Amazon, I am far more angry at Roku for pulling this. Welcome to California psychotic belief in they can do what they want. I paid for the Roku and have a right to use it. They can't just block my use as long as I pay my bills! Voice your anger and disappointment in them, that's the only way to shove it back to them. You can also cancel your account. We did it to Disney and we can do it to Roku.

0 Kudos
number40Fan
Binge Watcher

I guess image tags don't work.

0 Kudos

Re: Roku can take their coercive TOS and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

And with snail mail you have no proof you sent it or that they received it unless you spend the money to certify it.

Jlip0122

Re: How to fix "Dispute Resolution" message on TV

Sorry I not only do not agree to Roku forcing me to accept their new legal terms (which I do not) I will be looking into investigating a class action LS to get this change removed.