Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
o2night
Streaming Star

Re: Class action laws--t against roku.

But there are options when you talk about computer software.  When a company renders equipment like a television that you bought completely unusable, so they can force their anti-litigation agenda, that is against the law.  There was nothing in the packaging of the television that warned consumers that one day, "Roku programming company might decide to brick your new tv.  We have no idea when that will be, but just so you know....."   And since you used the example of a computer software, what if you agreed to their terms when you first bought it, then the software company did just this...one day, out of the blue, changed it to something you now longer agree to?  They just turned your $3000 computer into garbage can bling.  
Consumers DO have rights, you know.  That is exactly what the BBB, FTC and FCC is about...protecting the CONSUMER from fraudulent practices, just like this one.   But if everybody just sighs, tosses the tv and buys a new one, or agrees to their whims, you won't for long. 

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

@o2night 

OK, sure. I'm done here. Think what you like. I've been around long enough to know, I don't fight fights I know I can't win.

0 Kudos
o2night
Streaming Star

You're welcome!  Glad I could help!

0 Kudos

Re: I don't agree to Dispute Resolution Terms update. TV now unusable. Now what, Roku?

see my issue is different. i dont care to agree or not if anything i would to get it off my **bleep** screen, but my roku plays the error noise, or the noise which you cannot click on whatever you're trying to click. only what im trying to click is the agree, so i went through after only error noises and tried to go through the actual agreement paragraphs, i scrolled all the way to the bottom and then it played the error noise trying to click CLOSE. so i can read the agreement but cant click or agree to it. i regret buying bull**bleep**, i would much rather have a functioning tv than a roku tv. i would love if someone else had and solved this. i do doubt it as everyones issues are different here, but for the most part solved. ideas?

0 Kudos
Rebecca9

Re: "We've made an important update" is stuck on screen

I didn’t know that if I agreed that I still wouldn’t  be able to watch my programs .that makes this problem worse than I thought . There is about to be another class action suit against them if they don’t straighten this out . I wasn’t thinking about arbitration or lawsuits before ,I was thinking about watching a movie ! What is really going on ? This seems illegal! And I would love to know what can be done about it ! It looks like Roku doesn’t care one bit about their customers !

0 Kudos

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

How do you opt out without sending them their letter? Please share..

The back button finally worked for us but I don’t want to keep doing that just to watch tv.

0 Kudos

Re: Class Action Suit - not happy with being forced to agree

ROKU wants us to forfeit our rights to continue using our product? That is extorsion isn't it? They have some "legal" language in case the "agreement" doesn't hold up in court -- which would only be there if THE KNOW it won't. If that button was clicked by my 5 year old, I am still going to use them if their actions warrant a class action lah soot <-- not allowed to spell these words correctly in this forum. In the meantime I, like most people, am happier just to find another solution and tell all my friends about what is cooler and better than ROKU.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@MistyLindsBod wrote:

How do you opt out without sending them their letter? Please share..

According to the agreement, the only way to opt out is to send them a letter with the information requested. I have a hunch this wouldn't hold up legally, and wouldn't be surprised if Roku rescinds this notification soon. The fact it occurred over the weekend makes me wonder if some intern sent it out without clearance. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Justmeb1
Channel Surfer

Re: Dispute terms resolution update

I have a Phillips TV and it still won’t let me bypass. It

0 Kudos
D_
Reel Rookie

Also, for the "opt out" postal mail letter...

There's no information regarding the process. When will the opt out take effect?

when will Roku comply with the opt out & provide access to Roku?

It's also implied of you get a new device the opt out won't apply, since they ask for serial numbers when the letter is to be sent........

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.