Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Using roku means you agree to new terms

From what I have read elsewhere, the binding arbitration has been there for several years. The speculation is that Roku changed legal services, and they decided to add an extra confirmation after making a few changes.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Forced to agree to terms I disagree with to watch TV

From what I have read, binding arbitration has been in the TOS for several years. This was just an update, possibly triggered by a new legal team.

0 Kudos
fatkinson
Binge Watcher

Re: User Agreement Update / Hostage Unit

I just filed a complaint on the BBB Web site.  
It only takes a few minutes to do.  
https://www.bbb.org
Search on www.roku.com as the name of the business. 
Click on Roku and proceed to file the complaint.  
while the BBB gives them an A rating, the ratings that BBB has collected from the consumers give them a very low rating.  
The number of complaints against them in the past three years is very noticeable.  

0 Kudos
Sasctiffani
Reel Rookie

Re: Forced to agree to terms I disagree with to watch TV

Thanks for this information.

0 Kudos
WillieJ
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

Where are you sending letter?

0 Kudos
WillieJ
Reel Rookie

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

My 55” tv certainly wasn’t free and now is unusable unless I give in to their demands. Sounds like a class action law*#%t (Roku won’t let me use the word). Oh, but if we do give in I guess that rules that idea out. 

0 Kudos
WillieJ
Reel Rookie

Re: Dispute terms resolution update

Not so easy to do when it’s built into your tv

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Dispute terms resolution update

I believe if you review the TOS document that Roku had in the past with this new information, there's actually very little that has changed. Binding arbitration has been a part of the Roku TOS since at least 2019, and likely before then. But Roku really should have used a different method to get this information out. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Re: I don't agree to Dispute Resolution Terms update. TV now unusable. Now what, Roku?

For me, it's as simple as this:

Roku:
By giving me the ability to post in this forum, you acknowledge that my mandatory agreement to your recent update of your Dispute Resolution Terms (without which I could not continue to use products I legitimately purchased) is hereby revoked and terminated with no consequence to the continued use of my Roku products. Furthermore you agree that any agreement between us as concerns Dispute Resolution Terms is reverted back to the previous version of the Terms, excluding any unreasonable self-serving details on your part such as, but not limited to, my agreeing to not participate in a class action law-suit. You acknowledge that if one or more of my Roku products is/are faulty or used from your end to engage in illegal or unethical activities, including data gathering or any other violation of privacy, I have the right to seek legal redress, individually or as a member of a group or class.

You further agree that this revision to the latest Dispute Resolution Terms stands whether you agree with it or not, and whether you keep this published or not.

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: I don't agree to Dispute Resolution Terms update. TV now unusable. Now what, Roku?

From everything I have read, binding arbitration has been in the TOS for several years. This was just a minor change, possibly caused by a change in legal services.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.