Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mssan

Re: Roku can take their coercive TOS and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

This in itself is a class action. Because now I can no longer use any of my streaming devices or this new roku tv. I also pay for prime, paramount. Netflix and hulu, but cannot watch any of this on these devices. I called and asked for a refund, they tried to brush it off.

KSalt
Reel Rookie

Re: I don't agree to Dispute Resolution Terms update. TV now unusable. Now what, Roku?

We agreed and the home page is fine. But when you try to use any app, it is unviewable. What has happened?

0 Kudos
urban_crawler
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku can take their coercive TOS and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

yes! more of this!

KSalt
Reel Rookie

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

Thank you thank you thank you! Rebooting the internet worked. We had "accepted" the arbitration agreement. When we went to a video, it was unwatchable. After reading this post, I rebooted the internet and everything came back. 

Very grateful for your help.

0 Kudos
stayfocus53
Reel Rookie

Re: "We've made an important update" is stuck on screen

Do you know the address where to send an Opt-out letter? Idk why I'm asking b/c my intentions is to buy a Fire Stick and put Roku in the trash. 

No_Labels

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

I got this today.  I hope the big picture isn't that Roku has decided to use our Personally identifiable information (PII) as a major source of income, which it is to most tech companies.

It might be a coincidence, but the Dispute Resolution Terms changes occurred less than one month after Roku stock dropped from $95 to $62.  That is a 33% drop that will require a 50% increase to return to $95.

These changes, without providing an option to purchase devices their SW update disabled, indicates they "could" be protecting themselves as they more aggressively selling our PPI.

Worst is that this IS an election year.  Most know our PPI is sold for targeted ads for goods, but it has been used for political ads since 2020.   This is designed to change our views.  My area began doing this in 2022 after GOOGLE exec's bragged how their biased search results swung 8 percent of undecideds to vote for democrats.

0 Kudos

Re: I don't agree to Dispute Resolution Terms update. TV now unusable. Now what, Roku?

This is unacceptable. Making my 100 dollar roku ultra, a paperweight unless i agree to these new terms? And it takes away recourse? You serious? Reminds me of Vizio, like 1-2 weeks ago they did an update and it removed my ability to use my antenna. Forcing me into the smartcast thing i hate, and dont use. I was able to factory reset, and it'll never get internet connection again.

So what am I to do about this Roku? Either agree, or its a paperweight? How about no. How about you give me my 100 dollars back then...

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "We've made an important update" is stuck on screen

@stayfocus53 wrote:

Do you know the address where to send an Opt-out letter? 

It's within the notification message on your screen, but it's also listed in several posts prior to yours. You shouldn't have to look too far back to find it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

I'm not going to accept the new terms. I don't want to throw away the hundreds of dollars I've spent on Roku hardware but, at the end of the day, a Roku is an 'ease of use' toy that I can and will live without.

The irony of these new 'take it or leave it' terms is that people are already coordinating legal action on reddit, which is precisely what these terms try to prevent users from doing.

0 Kudos
SoCalChris
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

How about if they brick your device because you don't agree to some new policy that they unexpectedly force on you on a whim over a random weekend? I'd sure as **bleep** join a class action over that, considering I've spent a decent amount of money on two soundbars, their subwoofer, and remote speakers.