Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ektoplasm
Streaming Star

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

I too, am experiencing the same issue on my TCL Roku TV I bought more than 5 years ago. No amount of button pressing or rebooting removes the notice and allows me to use my TV. The TV is essentially bricked. I also own two other Roku devices. So far, I have not seen the notification on them, but I suspect it will be coming soon. 

It is absolutely, 100%, no question at all ILLEGAL for Roku to block access to a user's hardware with a software update in an attempt to coerce the user into signing away their legal rights with a binding arbitration agreement. 

Roku is to unlock my devices IMMEDIATELY. I DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS OF YOUR ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. 

I am filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission as well as contacting my local news affiliate to see if they'd like to pick up this story.

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

Call your streaming services providers that you pay for and let them know Roku is blocking access to their services. (E.g. Call Netflix, Paramount, Disney, Hulu, etc.)

If they get enough complaints, they will reach out to Roku, and they have a lot more sway with Roku than you or I do.

Clivene09

Re: Dispute terms resolution update

So I was able to agree, but who else finds it really really **bleep** that my TV that I have owned for several years becomes a huge wall mounted paperweight unless I agree/send opt out intentions via snail mail to Roku legal? I know this, I was a huge Roku fan, and have used many devices over the past 10 years, but I will never buy their product ever again after pulling this stunt. Never even would have thought about legal actioning (euphemism for the word Roku won't let me use LOL) Roku, but locking me out of my TV unless I agree to arbitration terms? I don't even know if its different than what I agreed to when I first set it up, don't lock me out of MY device.

Iwant2SueU

Forcing us to agree to this "gag order" is not a way to win friends and build relationships. But apparently Roku does not care.

6166Rock

That worked. Thank you!! 

0 Kudos
Iwant2SueU

Agree 100%. Another company that doesn't care about it's customers.

araeli

Re: I don't agree to Dispute Resolution Terms update. TV now unusable. Now what, Roku?

all you have to so is use the roku app and you can bypass the user agreement

araeli

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

use you phone download the roku app and this lets you bypass the agreement you can select whatever movie app you want to watch

0 Kudos
araeli

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

I don't know how to decline but I do know if you have the roku promote control app on you phone then you can bypass it by pressing what app you want to go to 

0 Kudos

Even using the TV remote, none of the buttons I push allows me to "accept".  Am I missing something?

0 Kudos