Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

@gparky 

Another thread going on here https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-discussions/Roku-disables-player-with-attempt-to-coerce-arbi....

@atc98092 indicated pressing the Home button on the remote a few times worked to exit this screen without agreeing.

I saw a few online postings that restarting the network also helped clear this from the screen when this first started happening a few days ago.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

atc98092

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

@joebios01 wrote:

You would have ISSUES if Roku Support failed to resolve persistent issues with DirecTV for way over a year now!

The DirecTV app/channel is provided by DirecTV, not Roku. You can't complain to Roku about how a 3rd party app works. Roku has no control over it. From what I recall over the years, DTV provides terrible support for their app, but they are the only ones that can do anything to resolve problems with it.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
joebios01
Streaming Star

There are grounds for a complaint if the issue is specific to particular Roku models and appears to be a Roku hardware/firmware defect.

0 Kudos
DaBlues
Streaming Star

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

If enough people refused to agree, it might go away as it's not fair to consumers.

DaBlues
Streaming Star

The people that get us into these problems are the ones that will click AGREE without bothering to understand the consequences. The rest should band together and refuse to agree and see if that gets rid of this unfair to consumers baloney. It's really time consumers stopped clicking agree on everything. There are lots of alternatives these days, even open source.
The reality is, there are only three pages of people complaining and that's not going to change a thing. If someone really wants to help solve something like this, you need a coordinated social media effort that reaches out to Roku owners. Doing anything on the Roku site itself is futile.

z-bob
Streaming Star

I agree that it's bull**bleep**, and it's likely unenforceable.  But I read the agreement.  I can't think of any situation where I would have cause to sue Roku; I paid $30 for my Roku device years ago, so what would the damages be?  Binding arbitration instead of a real court would make no difference.  I clicked the "Agree" button, but it was under duress because it was a sleazy tactic.

joebios01
Streaming Star

Re: Class Action Suit - Forced to sign a ( I won’t Join a Class Action suit against ROKU ).

DON'T LET ROKU TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS!

Roku recently added a 'click-thru' menu on their devices. By 'accepting' this GARBAGE you are surrendering your RIGHTS to a class action settlement with Roku.

You have 30-days to tell Roku NO even if you have 'accepted' the new agreement. Follow the instructions here:

L. 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of arbitration by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address by mail: General Counsel, Roku Inc., 1701 Junction Court, Suite 100, San Jose, CA 95112 within 30 days of you first becoming subject to these Dispute Resolution Terms. Such notice must include the name of each person opting out and contact information for each such person, the specific product models, software, or services used that are at issue, the email address that you used to set up your Roku account (if you have one), and, if applicable, a copy of your purchase receipt. For clarity, opt-out notices submitted via any method other than mail (including email) will not be effective. If you send timely written notice containing the required information in accordance with this Section 1(L), then neither party will be required to arbitrate the Claims between them.

0 Kudos
Acontreras45
Channel Surfer

Trivial? Because I got the message my first thought was, "what are you A holes about to do that would cause people to want to sue you"?  It's about principle. It's about constantly being bullied and coerced by mega companies, our Governments, our jobs. I AM OVER ALL OF IT! You can say this but not that or else, Take the jab, or else, pay this, or else.  I will no longer comply and bow to bullies.  Everyone needs to grow a pair. 

joebios01
Streaming Star

Roku recently added a 'click-thru' menu on their devices. By 'accepting' this GARBAGE you are surrendering your RIGHTS to a class action settlement with Roku.

You have 30-days to tell Roku NO even if you have 'accepted' the new agreement. Follow the instructions here:

L. 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of arbitration by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address by mail: General Counsel, Roku Inc., 1701 Junction Court, Suite 100, San Jose, CA 95112 within 30 days of you first becoming subject to these Dispute Resolution Terms. Such notice must include the name of each person opting out and contact information for each such person, the specific product models, software, or services used that are at issue, the email address that you used to set up your Roku account (if you have one), and, if applicable, a copy of your purchase receipt. For clarity, opt-out notices submitted via any method other than mail (including email) will not be effective. If you send timely written notice containing the required information in accordance with this Section 1(L), then neither party will be required to arbitrate the Claims between them.

atc98092

@joebios01 wrote:

There are grounds for a complaint if the issue is specific to particular Roku models and appears to be a Roku hardware/firmware defect.

That's still a problem with the app, not the Roku hardware/firmware. The app developers know the different types of hardware used in different Roku devices and they are supposed to program accordingly. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos