Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

I agree 100%! To disable my TV and make me pay a fee to speak to customer service is ridiculous! I found a sight that said to reset the tv.  There is a reset button on the back. My husband hit the source button and the message went away and TV is now working.  Will never buy another Roku device! If there is a class action,  I'M IN!!!  Hours of unnecessary frustration!!

If there is a  class action, I'm in!!

Tele
Reel Rookie

Re: Did anyone else notice Roku retroactively changed terms and conditions

I believe I need a Law Degree to understand this, or interpret and explain in easy terms.

Mikeaaaa
Reel Rookie

Attempted to access ROKU Support team twice. First wait was 24 minutes and then I got disconnected, second disconnect came a couple minutes in. 
In my opinion; ROKU arbitrarily installed “new software” that completely violates the terms of purchase I previously agreed to, and unless I now agree to a “new deal” the “old deal” we all ( ROKU, TCL, and I) agreed to is no loner honored. 

jmagg
Channel Surfer

Don't worry, support was useless anyway. After an hour, all they could say was the back end team was working on it. I suggest they get off their collective back ends and fix the problem. This awful implementation of the Dispute Resolution changes should be illegal.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@disgrunted1 wrote:

Have a Roku tv that is disabled because of the message. When contacting customer service, they want a credit card to charge me to help clear the problem they created.  Currently rebooting

You did not contact Roku support. Roku does not charge for customer service. You instead contacted some scam company that wanted your CC number for likely illegal purposes. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
gparky
Reel Rookie

Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

The Dispute Resolution update is on my TV screen. It asks that I Agree or select * to see the Terms. I can do neither, I have tried turning the TV on and off but nothing. Can anyone help, I have waited on Support for nearly an hour and no response.

joebios01
Streaming Star

I drafted my eff'ing (Section 1(L)) letter. It will be in tomorrow's mail!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Do NOT search the web for a customer service contact for Roku. In almost every case the only thing you will find are scammers that can't actually help you and want to steal your CC information. Roku does NOT charge for support, period.

As to this arbitration agreement, I haven't seen it, but my Roku is generally only used by my grandson in the morning before he goes to school. But I do tend to check for updates on a daily basis and as of yesterday I haven't seen this. However, I just checked my Ultra 4800 and the notice did appear. I read through the document and frankly I probably would not have an issue with it. Roku players are so inexpensive that there's no value in attempting a law-suit over anything as trivial as this.

That said, after I pressed the home button a couple of time the message went away and I can use the Roku without accepting the agreement. Maybe it will return after some period of time. But it does seem you can exit the notice without accepting it.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
joebios01
Streaming Star

You would have ISSUES if Roku Support failed to resolve persistent issues with DirecTV for way over a year now!