Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HW_Eng
Reel Rookie

Roku device Screen mirroring not working anymore

I have exactly the same issue. 

"Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware."

"Application Microsoft Windows Operating System has been  blocked from accessing Graphics hardware."

Old dumb big screen monitor.  It's the ROKU box stopping access.

Model: 3930X - Roku Express

Serial Number: X00400SJPR6A

SW Ver: 11.5.0 - Build 4312-AE

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku device Screen mirroring not working anymore

Hi @HW_Eng

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're here to help. Could you tell us when did you receive this error message, is it from the beginning of the connection or after some time got connected, and are doing specific actions from your Windows device? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting a different Android or Windows device to your Roku device to see if there's any difference? 

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
HW_Eng
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku device Screen mirroring not working anymore

I had been using mirroring with my Roku box for about a week.  Two days ago it stopped connecting.  The 'blocked' message appears when I try to connect, after selecting Connect - "Roku Express".  The laptop thinks it is connected, displaying 'Connected to Roku Express' in a top of the laptop screen ribbon.  The monitor displays a horizontal purple status bar that shows about 98% complete across the screen, not quite completing anymore.  Text on the monitor says "Starting video from ... Desktop-xxxxxxx" where the x's are my desktop ID.  There is a "Stop Video" icon on the monitor.  Pressing Roku remote control keys does nothing or terminates the connection.  Pretty odd that it worked so well then just quit.

Casting from YouTube still works great.  Only the mirroring is blocked.  I have power cycled and even done a factory reset on the Roku box.  Nada.

So I got another laptop and could mirror with it.  At least for now.  This makes it really challenging to see what changed.  And I have to admit, the ROKU box likely isn't the cause.  Doh!  Hardware is easy.  Windows - way too many traps.  After a full day of trying different things, my first laptop still won't mirror with no apparent setting changes.  Guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos