Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagman
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra and this "female's voice I can't find a way to shut her up".

When I bought my Roku Ultra,  it worked fine. Then I bought a 'very smart" Samsung TV that does everything.  Actually too many things.

Now when I tell the TV to go to the ROKU source, this 'female' voice is driving me crazy by explaining to me everything when I touch my remote. I SIMPLE CAN'T FIND AN OPTION TO SHUT HER UP. 

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PUT A GAG IN HER MOUTH?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra and this "female's voice I can't find a way to shut her up".

Try pressing * four times quickly.

https://support.roku.com/article/231584647

0 Kudos
ch5
Reel Rookie

SAME HERE, It is Screwed up ON disney + channel. IS THERE A ROKU PHONE NUMBER FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE? I’m sure this is happening to Thousands of people. OTHER APPS WORKING GREAT. NOT DISNEY. I have tried everything to shut her up. 

0 Kudos
ch5
Reel Rookie

PRESSUNG 4Times DOES NOT WORK

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I don't use that specific app. All I can suggest is that if only one app is doing something like that, you probably need to look for settings within that app.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

And this is probably one of the reasons Roku's support is lacking at best.  They don't want to be answering questions about every channel/app on their platform.  If you're having a problem with a particular channel/app, you need to get help from that channel's provider or developer.

In general, if you hear someone describing the action while you're watching a video or movie you need to change the audio track.  How you do that may vary by channel/app, but start by pressing the * button on your remote and look for an option to change the audio track.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos