Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra keeps turning on

Hi @groovyjoker 

Thanks for the follow up.

What TV manufacturer and model is connected to the misbehaving Ultra? Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
groovyjoker
Channel Surfer

Samsung 6500 inch

Model number UN65NU800D

0 Kudos
jamescperry
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra turns on my TV after I turn it off

I am having the same problem. It just started last week. I have tried everything including switching to a different HDMI cord, turning off CEC. I can't find the power settings mentioned above but will look again. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jamescperry,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About.
  • TV brand and model number
  • Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup? If yes, have you tried directly connecting to your TV to see if you are seeing the same issue
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jamescperry
Reel Rookie

Model : 4660X - Ultra

SN: YJ0053420319

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-46

TV brand: Samsung. Model QN82Q6FNA

AV= Yes, but it is getting sound from the arc HDMI output from the TV. Roku is connected directly to the HDMI input without any other connection.

Tracker ID: 19-199-756

Behavior: Shut off the TV while using the Roku with the Roku remote. Wait 2 -5 minutes, and Roku turns the TV back on. Removed the batteries from all remotes, and it still does the same thing. The only way to stop it is to unplug Roku ultra.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jamescperry,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We are committed to finding a solution to this issue and we appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Any feedback on the issue?

0 Kudos
groovyjoker
Channel Surfer

No. Roku technicians started an order(above), never got back to me. I currently have to shut down my entire system (TV, soundbar, Roku) using a power strip when done watching. Note my older model Roku in the other room does not have this issue. I believe this issue is related to the newer model refusing to shut down in order to receive updates. A bit obtuse. Even MS Office and Windows  allow you to shut down your computer and schedule updates. After all, we purchased the product - we should be in charge of how they stay on our off. Also, anything that continuously stays on, connected to the electrical supply, simply contributes more greenhouse emissions. Roku should know better.

0 Kudos
gmbaird
Reel Rookie

Not fixed here. I've been unplugging the power connection to the Roku Ultra to keep the TV off. Unplugging the sound bar hdmi cable also worked to keep the TV off, but it's easier to unplug the Roku power. I have 2 Roku streaming sticks that don't have this problem, but neither TV has a sound bar and both are powered by the TV usb port which I believe powers off with the TV.

0 Kudos
jpfaujr
Reel Rookie

I also have the same issues as above. Has to be a Roku issue as it doesn’t do that with any other device plugged into CEC input. 

very frustrating not the way it used to work. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.