Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra Dark on Dolby Vision / HDR

I have a Roku Ultra connected to LG C1. For last 2 years I just chalked up the darkness of Dolby Vision/HDR content as being too dark because of OLED not being bright enough. 

Then I got a second LG tv and Apple 4K tv.  Much brighter!

I checked native apps and Apple 4K tv - can confirm the Roku ultra is producing the dark content. 

I tried watching the movie “the whale” and show “the Witcher”  - almost unwatchable. 

What could be causing the Roku ultra to be so dark when native tv apps and Apple 4K being so much more brighter. 

All tv settings are same as I can tell. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Dark on Dolby Vision / HDR

Hi @AceinOakland,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku Ultra since the Dolby Vision, or HDR, was dark and unwatchable. Help is here. Please check out this support article: Why is 4K Dolby Vision not working on my Roku streaming player?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.