Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adelacruz

Roku Ultra Bluetooth Headphones

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra and have paired my Skullcandy Crusher ANC headphones to it.  After a few minutes of inactivity the connection drops and I have to either turn off my headphones and turn them back on or go to Settings, Remotes & devices, Wireless headphones, Crusher ANC, and select Connect.  I've checked the Skullcandy and Roku support sites and can't find any way to stop the automatic disconnect.  Is there a timeout that I can edit that will prevent the automatic disconnect?  It is really annoying to have to reconnect them constantly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Bluetooth Headphones

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku community, @adelacruz!

We see that you're experiencing difficulties with the Bluetooth headphones feature on your Roku device, and we'd like to help. Could you please inform us if you're receiving any error messages when trying to connect? Also, when did the issue occur?

We highly recommend that you try the following steps to see if the issue persists.

• Make sure Bluetooth is enabled: Bluetooth must be turned on, or enabled on your Bluetooth device, and your device must not be in 'airplane mode'. With some devices, you may need to turn Bluetooth off and then back on to get it connected. 
  • Select your Roku device: Access your device's Bluetooth settings and select your Roku from the paired devices list.
  • Move your device closer: Bluetooth allows devices to wirelessly exchange data over short distances (typically less than 30 feet). 
  • Restart Bluetooth device: In some cases, restarting your Bluetooth device will get it to connect successfully.
  • Disconnect another Bluetooth device: You can have multiple Bluetooth devices paired to your Roku device, but only one device can be connected at any time.
  • Repeat the pairing process: In the event that a device loses pairing information, delete pairing information on both your Bluetooth device and Roku device, and repeat the pairing process. To delete pairing information on your Bluetooth device, open the list of paired Bluetooth devices and remove, or 'forget' your Roku device. On your Roku device, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Bluetooth devices to select your Bluetooth device, and then select Forget this device.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but reply to this message if the above did not fix your issue, and we will gladly follow up

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku community, @adelacruz!

We see that you're experiencing difficulties with the Bluetooth headphones feature on your Roku device, and we'd like to help. Could you please inform us if you're receiving any error messages when trying to connect? Also, when did the issue occur?

We highly recommend that you try the following steps to see if the issue persists.

• Make sure Bluetooth is enabled: Bluetooth must be turned on, or enabled on your Bluetooth device, and your device must not be in 'airplane mode'. With some devices, you may need to turn Bluetooth off and then back on to get it connected. 
  • Select your Roku device: Access your device's Bluetooth settings and select your Roku from the paired devices list.
  • Move your device closer: Bluetooth allows devices to wirelessly exchange data over short distances (typically less than 30 feet). 
  • Restart Bluetooth device: In some cases, restarting your Bluetooth device will get it to connect successfully.
  • Disconnect another Bluetooth device: You can have multiple Bluetooth devices paired to your Roku device, but only one device can be connected at any time.
  • Repeat the pairing process: In the event that a device loses pairing information, delete pairing information on both your Bluetooth device and Roku device, and repeat the pairing process. To delete pairing information on your Bluetooth device, open the list of paired Bluetooth devices and remove, or 'forget' your Roku device. On your Roku device, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Bluetooth devices to select your Bluetooth device, and then select Forget this device.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but reply to this message if the above did not fix your issue, and we will gladly follow up

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
karnevil51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem. However I don't see a real solution. There must a timing mechanism on the Roku ultra that's causing this. Please advise.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @karnevil51

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand you've encountered a Bluetooth connectivity problem on your Roku Ultra. If you have attempted our recommended troubleshooting steps above this thread without resolving the issue, we kindly request further information in order to provide the necessary resolution to the issue at hand. Please provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Bluetooth Device Brand, Model, and Version.
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

With the specific detail requested has been made available, our team can work on the issue and address it accordingly.

We hope for your response as we will attend to this issue diligently.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
karnevil51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model Number 4802X
Software Version 13.0.0:24056
Device ID SODA242CWRUT
MAC Address a8:b5:7c:4f:3a:54
Serial Number XO1000ECWRUT
Uptime 171:45:58

After disconnect:

Issue report tracker  

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra  Serial number: X01000ECWRUT (S0DA242CWRUT) 

Software version: 13.0.0 . build 24056-C2  GC version: 11.6.21  Timestamp: 2024-06-10T17:55:23Z  

Please use issue ID UT-232-915 to report the current  issue.

Sennheiser PXC 550

At the time of occurrence, the headphones were also connected to my phone. Only the Roku disconnected. This also happens when only the Roku is connected.

0 Kudos
karnevil51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Updated yesterday. ???

0 Kudos
karnevil51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I will be returning the Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.