Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCameronHollis
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra (4640X) Stuck on Recovery mode

Hello,

My Roku Ultra was in recovery mode when I turned on the TV. I first tried the physical reset button. No go. 

Tried to update via recovery mode. Nope. Tried to restart via recovery mode. Nada. Tried factory reset via recovery mode. Nothing. Each time the system tries to reboot three times before going into recovery mode. I am able to reconnect to Wi-Fi each time. 

I just tried the unit on a different TV with a new HDMI cable. Unfortunately I do not have a USB power cord to try that route. But if the unit is able to do as much as it is with the existing power cord, lacking power doesn't seem to be the issue.

I even inserted a blank microSD trying to confuse the system into opening a different screen.

If anyone has had this same issue did trying a fiber connection shock the unit into booting up? 

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer. 

Cheers!

Cameron

Labels (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Joeybananas
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra won't recover

Same happened today. Did same reboots/restarts without success. Strange that it happened on same day. 

RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Stuck on Recovery mode

Hi @JCameronHollis @Joeybananas,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are having with your Roku Ultra being stuck on the Recovery mode screen. No worries; we're here to help.

We would like to take a closer look into this issue so kindly provide us with the following details below:

• What is the model of your Roku Ultra? (This can be located at the bottom of the device)
  • When did you start to experience the issue?
  • Did you receive the recent software update on Roku devices prior to this issue happening?

Providing theses details will help us to further investigate the issue. We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
Joeybananas
Reel Rookie

My model is 4640X

problem was noticed yesterday 10/21/24

i don’t know about any updates

thanks for any help!

RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Joeybananas,

Thank you for the response.

For additional information and support regarding this matter, we encourage you to review your direct messages. We have sent you a private message containing further details about this issue.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
JCameronHollis
Reel Rookie

Update: The original post quoted below was premature. There has been no efficient or speedy resolution. 

Original post; "Thank you again Riaime for your prompt and efficient assistance. I am extremely grateful for the speedy resolution."

Cheers!

Cameron

pf3
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Started yesterday 10/21/24. Same model number 4640X. Don’t know what software updates have been done, the device may be set to automatically update. 

Please let me know troubleshooting steps to resolve this. Thanks!

RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pf3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We get that you are also having trouble with your Roku Ultra being stuck in recovery mode. No worries, we're here to help.

We highly suggest you try the following troubleshooting steps below:

1. Restart your Roku device by unplugging it from the power source for 10 seconds.
  2. Try switching HDMI ports and input.
  3. For the last resort, try a factory reset.

If the issue persists, please let us know. We would be more than willing to assist.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pf3
Reel Rookie

Hi Riamie,

I have tried the troubleshooting steps you outlined, and I am still having the same issue after a factory reset from the recovery screen.

Please let me know what else to try.

Thanks!

RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pf3,

Thank you for the response and for trying the suggested troubleshooting steps we have provided.

We encourage you to review your direct messages for additional information and support regarding this matter. We have also sent you a private message containing further details about this issue.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.