Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luvgabe
Reel Rookie

Roku TV keeps turning itself off

The TV worked fine for months, but now it keeps turning itself off. I've tried the following, all to no avail:

1. System, then, Factory reset.
  2. Reset connection.
  3. Turning off "auto power savings"
  4. Advice from Roku Customer Support Chat: Unplug TV from power source & remove batteries from remote, then replug everything.

Nothing works.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Bill55

Re: Roku TV keeps turning itself off

I am having the same issue. I want the tv to stay on a app/channel for a good 8 hours with out touching the remote. I unchecked all the power saving setting but it still goes to the home screen after a few hours.

0 Kudos
Luvgabe
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV keeps turning itself off

UPDATE:

I think I've narrowed down what the problem is, and it is not with my Roku TV. This is what I did:

• I first purchased a new Roku TV: same size, same model, but I encountered the same problem, which logic would exclude the TV being the problem.
  • I then unplugged, then replugged-in, my modem. Problem persisted.
  • So I called AT&T, and a technician there was very helpful. He said the modem cannot turn a TV off. If it's a modem problem, instead of my TV screen going completely dark, a message would pop up, that there's an Internet problem. He said it probably is a power source problem -- a short in a wall socket.
  • I tried 4 wall sockets in the room where the TV is, and with each, the TV still kept turning itself off. A clock radio plugged into one of the wall sockets also blinked off, repeatedly going to 12:00.
  • I then plugged my TV into a charged generator and, Presto!, no more turning itself off. I'm calling an electrician today to fix the power problem.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.