Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
610Drew
Channel Surfer

Roku OS 12 & Fubo - How To Delete A Single Episode?

Jump to solution

I've had Roku and Fubo for about 2 years and have been mostly happy with this combination until Roku updated to 12.0. Now there appears to be no way to delete a single recorded episode. After clicking into a show, I used to have a choice to delete that particular episode. That option is now gone and my only choice is to delete all episodes.  This is inconvenient and wastes space in the cloud DVR. For example, I might have 10 episodes of something recorded. I like to delete episodes after I watch them, both to free DVR space and help me avoid watching episodes I've already watched. Now I can't seem to delete after I watch. It's all or nothing.

I further don't like the way fast forward and rewind have changed. I used to be able to click the >> once and start skipping forward in 30 second increments. This made it easy to skip forward a specific amount of time like two, three, or fair minutes simply by counting the "chunks". I could also skip forward or back in 10 seconds chunks by pressing the arrows on the direction pad. This made it really easy to skip past commercials accurately. Now it's changed to be more like an old VHS tape (if anyone here is old enough to have used a VCR).  I guess I can learn to live with this new forward/reverse behavior but not with the all or nothing approach to deleting episodes.

Any tips or workarounds appreciated!

Thanks,

Drew

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
soundwavz
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku OS 12 & Fubo - How To Delete A Single Episode?

Jump to solution

On the episode, click "recording options" you then have option to delete episode.

This is a dumb process, why not just have the option to delete episode without having to dig into another menu (i.e. button press)

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@610Drew-

You need to take your concerns to Fubo.  It's their app, coded, provided to Roku, and maintained by Fubo. Roku passes your key presses to the app, but what the app does with them is up to Fubo.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
c1laus1

Jump to solution

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way about the new update. I noticed that the guide doesn't update the times as you're looking at them unless you hit "home" first and go back to guide. Did they even test this **bleep**?

Also had the problem with deleting individual episodes but thankfully another awesome fubo user figured that out and shared the method for that one - still, it should have been more intuitive like it was already. Have they never heard of "it it ain't broke, don't fix it?"

610Drew
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. I wondered if this was a Roku or Fubo issue. It's interesting that the behavior changed immediately after updating Roku from 11.x to 12.0. I find it quite coincidental that Fubo would update their app at exactly the same time as Roku. I assume that the Roku OS provides functions for common tasks such as FF/Rew? This is what led me to believe the behavior changes are related to the Roku update and not the Fubo app.

I will reach out to Fubo as well and see what they say about it. 

0 Kudos
610Drew
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Care to share your "delete" solution? 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@610Drew wrote:

It's interesting that the behavior changed immediately after updating Roku from 11.x to 12.0. I find it quite coincidental that Fubo would update their app at exactly the same time as Roku.

It's not unusual to receive several channel/app updates immediately after a Roku software update since each developer sets the minimum Roku software version required for each update.  Since 12.0 has been out for quite some time and most people have been receiving 12.5, it's likely that the Fubo update has also been available for quite some time, but your version of Roku software was too low to receive it.

@610Drew wrote:

I assume that the Roku OS provides functions for common tasks such as FF/Rew?

Developers can also override how FF/Rew and the other buttons work.  It sounds like Fubo used to override them, but now uses the built-in behavior.  By default, one press of FF (>>) starts fast-forwarding at a slow rate and the next two presses increase the rate.  One more press and you're back to the slow rate.  Are you sure it's not the arrow buttons that move in 30 second increments?

I can't help with the delete, but that's clearly a Fubo issue and has absolutely nothing to do with Roku.  Hopefully another user knows something, otherwise you'll have to get the answer from Fubo.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
610Drew
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. Prior to updating Roku to 12.0, the Fubo app FF/Rew behaved like this:

Left/Right arrows moved in ten second chunks with each press.

<< >> buttons scrolled forward/backwards in chunks beginning at 10 seconds for the first press, 30 seconds for the second press, 1 minute for the third press, and larger for presses 4 and 5 (I don't recall the chunk sizes for 4 or 5).

Now it's as you describe with a continuous scroll for << and >> with three speed settings. The arrow keys scroll slowly while continuously pressed.

Regarding the ability to delete recordings, there used to be a garbage can icon next to each episode when listed and I could use that to delete individual episodes. There was a menu item in the left column that would allow me to delete all episodes. Now the  garbage can icon next to each episode has disappeared and only the "delete all" remains. 

Also when clicking into an episode, among the choices like "play from start", resume, etc. were "delete this episode"  and "delete all episodes".  Neither of the delete choices are there now.

I'll check with Fubo and see what they say. If enough complain, maybe we'll get the old behavior back.

Thanks,

Drew

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@610Drew wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I wondered if this was a Roku or Fubo issue. It's interesting that the behavior changed immediately after updating Roku from 11.x to 12.0. I find it quite coincidental that Fubo would update their app at exactly the same time as Roku.

Not at all.  Channels are informed of the new Roku versions and often update their apps to accommodate any differences.  Sometimes these updates contain bugs or deliberate changes.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
soundwavz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On the episode, click "recording options" you then have option to delete episode.

This is a dumb process, why not just have the option to delete episode without having to dig into another menu (i.e. button press)

Crotongal

Jump to solution

Thank you for solving this puzzle.   Yes, we too would like  the easier garbage can option to return.