Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iona-D
Roku Guru

Roku Is Stuck In The Past When It Comes To Power Connectors.

https://www.techhive.com/article/2103215/for-the-love-of-all-that-is-holy-no-micro-usb-ports-on-stre...

This article was an interesting one to read-at least for me.  I still do wonder what is all the real fuss is about.  I buy adaptors for my own  electronic devices all the time.  Which helps keep them around as long as they work.

Like my newly purchased  Micro USB silicon keyboard I bought just this week.  Connected right up nicely to my equally new USB-C smartphone to text directly on.  Big improvement over that awful virtual on screen keyboard!

cropped smartphone.jpg

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Is Stuck In The Past When It Comes To Power Connectors.

USB-C may require higher licensing fees and different hardware support. It's more than just a physical port change.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Is Stuck In The Past When It Comes To Power Connectors

Perhaps.  I am still able to text directly on it via my smartphone as shown on the provided photo.  As the text onscreen states-It Works!  Though, my equally new 2 USB-C powered Tracfone Nokia 2760 &  Unlocked 2780 dumb phones do not accept the input from the exact same adapter.  Perhaps your reason explains why.

Texting T9 style on a flip phone gets very tiresome very quickly any way you look or actually do on it!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.