Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwerne01
Reel Rookie

Roku Express No Signal Have to reboot every TV power on

Jump to solution

In regard to this, "Can I power my Roku® streaming player on or off?
Roku streaming players are low-power devices that are designed to remain on and always connected to the internet. There is no “power button” to press on or off. This easy-to-use design prevents confusion by enabling instant access to your player any time you turn on your TV or switch from another source (e.g., cable box, Blu-ray™ player, gaming console).

A permanent connection also allows your Roku player to download new OS software and channel updates automatically without interrupting your use of the player. Your streaming player only uses your internet connection when streaming, or during the occasional automatic software update. When not in use, your Roku streaming player does not use any material bandwidth of your internet connection."

Every time I turn on my TVs "No Signal". I have to disconnect power from Roku device, then reconnect power for the Roku to start again.

Power off TVs. Next time go back to power on either TV, no Roku. Say's "No Signal" on TV. Have to disconnect / reconnect power on Roku device so it reboots then I have Roku. Every time. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express No Signal Have to reboot every TV power on

Jump to solution

I see "no signal" too, since I have the automatic power saving feature enabled.  However, all I have to do to wake up the Roku is press the Home button on the Remote and it wakes up to the home screen.  Have you tried that?  If you don't like doing that, try disabling the power saving.

Banned but back. Because why not?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I see "no signal" too, since I have the automatic power saving feature enabled.  However, all I have to do to wake up the Roku is press the Home button on the Remote and it wakes up to the home screen.  Have you tried that?  If you don't like doing that, try disabling the power saving.

Banned but back. Because why not?
mwerne01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! That was it. Was not aware it had a power saving mode and thought I had tried pressing buttons on the remote. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.